Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Roku kicks me back to the home screen

Jump to solution

@Stevethegreat-

If you are powering your Roku by plugging into the USB port on the TV, try powering from house power via the USB power adapter that came with the Roku.

The USB ports on many televisions only supply 0.5 amp or less, which is not enough to power a Roku reliably. Even if a Roku connected this way appears to start up normally, when it runs into an activity that requires more power than the USB port can deliver, something will fail, commonly taking you back to the home screen.

If you don't have the Roku adapter handy, any other you have from another device should work as long as the fine print on it says it outputs at least 1 amp.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
BasharOfTheAges
Reel Rookie

Re: Error: Can't run channel. Prime, Sling & bunch of others

Jump to solution

It really feels like there's a connection to when the Roku OS update came in and how long after the channels got software updates. Like there's a "make sure channels aren't out of date" check that is not handling a failure case.

0 Kudos
Alli24
Reel Rookie

Re: Can't run channel because it could not be reinstalled from the network

Jump to solution

I am having the same issue with all of my apps. Nothing will play, they all say “could not run because it could not be reinstalled from the network. Please check your network connection and try again.” I have checked the connection, uninstalled/reinstalled, checked for updates…still nothing. This is only on one of my TVs so it can’t be the apps. 

RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: No Channels Working Except Netflix

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

We do apologize for the inconvenience this has caused you.

Do you get an error message when you try to access the channels installed on your Roku device? If you're receiving the error 'Can't run channel', visit this thread or this link for updates. 

Your patience and understanding are greatly appreciated.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Fatdoggies

Jump to solution

I am getting  "_____ could not be reinstalled from the network" message on everything except Netflix as well…this is getting aggravating.   

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Error: Can't run channel. Prime, Sling & bunch of others

Jump to solution

Hi everyone, 

Thanks for the posts.

If you haven't tried yet, we recommend running a software update on your Roku device as it may resolve the issue you're experiencing. Otherwise, we are continuing to investigate the problem.

Follow the instructions below to manually check for software and channel updates.

1. Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll up or down and select Settings.
  3. Select System.
  4. Select System update.
  5. Select Check Now to manually check for updates.

Feel free to visit this link for updates, but we'll continue to post in this thread once we received feedback from our team. 

Thank you for your patience and understanding.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
JHKW
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@Fatdoggies @Hjnutt 

Not sure if my solution is helpful for all devices or just for the lower-capacity Roku devices like mine (I have a one year old Roku Express+), but here's my experience.

I have a Roku Ultra that worked just fine, but just in the past few days I could not play my YouTube TV, YouTube or Spotify apps via my Express+. (I'm not sure if this is germane, but these 3 happened to be my 3 most used apps.) Unlike some users, I was not getting a prompt indicating a space problem. The fail prompt I saw said "could not be reinstalled from the network".  Ultimately I found that resetting the Roku theme to the default corrected it. 

More specifically, I previously was using the Aquarium Life screensaver. Through trial and error I found that by deselecting that one and choosing a different screensaver made everything work fine again. The easiest way to do this is to first pick the default theme pack; then, test-drive another screensaver if you want something different. Every single time I rechose Aquarium Life, I encountered the very same fail. And once I chose a different screensaver, all 3 worked just as they should.

Hope this helps. I know how frustrating this channel downtime was for me, so good luck!
0 Kudos
JHKW
Binge Watcher

Re: YouTube and spotify is all of a sudden not loading

Jump to solution

@Jaymiejc73 

Not sure if my solution is helpful for all devices or just for the lower-capacity Roku devices like mine (I have a one year old Roku Express+), but here's my experience.

I have a Roku Ultra that worked just fine, but just in the past few days I could not play my YouTube TV, YouTube or Spotify apps via my Express+. (I'm not sure if this is germane, but these 3 happened to be my 3 most used apps.) Unlike some users, I was not getting a prompt indicating a space problem. The fail prompt I saw said "could not be reinstalled from the network".  Ultimately I found that resetting the Roku theme to the default corrected it. 

More specifically, I previously was using the Aquarium Life screensaver. Through trial and error I found that by deselecting that one and choosing a different screensaver made everything work fine again. The easiest way to do this is to first pick the default theme pack; then, test-drive another screensaver if you want something different. Every single time I rechose Aquarium Life, I encountered the very same fail. And once I chose a different screensaver, all 3 worked just as they should.

Hope this helps. I know how frustrating this channel downtime was for me, so good luck!
0 Kudos
JHKW
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

@Alli24 

0 Kudos
Fatdoggies

Jump to solution

@Hjnutt  your advice worked!!!! Thanks, now I can relax with a scary movie - woohoo

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.