Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: Error: Can't run channel. Prime, Sling & bunch of others

Jump to solution

@msm96wolf1 

Thanks for the post.

Have you tried checking for a system update today as that is when we posted the solution (Sept 16)?

Please keep us posted.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
rochelle1

Re: Still having problems with Roku playback as of 9/16/2021

Jump to solution

i was having the same problem. i uninstalled youtube and reinstalled it and the problem was resolved. hope this helps. 

0 Kudos
978julieb

Jump to solution

I just tried and it states all software is up to date but the last updated date is from June 30 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts. 

In order to apply the latest fix please follow the instructions below to manually check for a software update today (Sept 16), regardless if you've done this previously.

1. Press the Home button on your Roku remote.
  2. Scroll up or down and select Settings.
  3. Select System.
  4. Select System update.
  5. Select Check Now to manually check for updates.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
winglander
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@StreamerUserall the extra steps (in addition to the system update which I have yet to see since the post last night at midnight pacific though I got one at 9 pm central) are what it took to get everything working.   Thanks.

0 Kudos
jane2
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

JHKW,

Your suggestion was the perfect fix. Both ROKU sticks are working perfectly!  Thank you.

0 Kudos
cincytk
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

The fix did not work.  I did the system update I restarted the Roku I unplugged it from the TV I removed and reinstalled sling and it still will not load

0 Kudos
cincytk
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I did the update I unplug the Roku from the TV I restarted it but took sling off and reinstalled it and it's still is putting up the can't run Channel error

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

I’ve been getting the same error messages for the last two days too. I can see that Roku says that it’s resolved but it’s not. I’ve trying rebooting, factory resetting, trying to update the software (it’s current), removing the apps and adding them again, etc and no luck. I have the Roku express.

Anyone else have any ideas?

0 Kudos
Seanaoulo

Jump to solution

Here's how you fix the issue. I deleted the most watched App on my Roku, which happens to be Hulu. Then I went into streaming channels and added it back. The system reloads Hulu and then it launched along with some other apps that wouldn't launch before. Not sure if it's just a cache issue on the Roku stick, but this fixed it! Perhaps reinstalling the app cleared the cache and made room in the sticks memory.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.