Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DTM54
Binge Watcher

Easy Show doesn't play videos on Roku TV

Jump to solution

I have a 4K streaming stick on my TV, with the Easy Show channel installed. I set up a slideshow with slides and a video clip, and it plays correctly.

Now I'm setting up a Roku TV for my church. I set up the Easy Show channel to use as a bulletin board. This one plays slides and music perfectly, but does not play the video clip. I've verified that Easy Show and the TV are updated, deleted and reinstalled Easy Show, tried different user accounts, all to no avail.

Any ideas?

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DTM54
Binge Watcher

Re: Easy Show doesn't play videos on Roku TV

Jump to solution

The developer released an update a couple of days ago and I verified today that it fixed the problem. Kudos to them for the quick response and thanks again makaiguy for finding and passing along the address.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@DTM54-

Hmm... that looks like an interesting app.

Many Roku TVs have less capable processors than some Roku streaming devices.  As a guess, it may be that the TV just hasn't got the processing power to deal with the video in addition to running the Easy Show app itself.

Email address for Easy Show's producers: contact@wilddtech.com

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
DTM54
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Thanks! That makes sense. I will contact Wilddtech to see what they have to say and post back. I could not find a contact address for them anywhere, so posting that was very helpful. 

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@DTM54-

Just a tip for your Roku bag of tricks:

If you look a Roku channel app up in the online Channel Store (channelstore.roku.com) there is usually a link to the developer's privacy policy.  If you go there you can often find some contact information.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
DTM54
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

I just heard back from the developer. He said he thinks he sees what the problem is and hopes to have an update next week.

0 Kudos
DTM54
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

The developer released an update a couple of days ago and I verified today that it fixed the problem. Kudos to them for the quick response and thanks again makaiguy for finding and passing along the address.

0 Kudos