Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

ESPN doesn’t work after purchasing the app! HELP!!!

We purchased ESPN on roku, but now when I attempt to open the app it says I have to go to ESPN.com/ activate and when that’s done, it still doesn’t work! Please help!

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
HDMIGuy
Roku Guru

Re: ESPN doesn’t work after purchasing the app! HELP!!!

@Jameswondra You purchased ESPN+.  ESPN is not a subscription service.  To login go to ESPN account and enter the email you used.  If you do not have TV provider you can not use provider login 

0 Kudos
Faith4Me

Then why did ROCU ACCEPT my payment, allow me access for over a week…then now I have to provide a provider? 

0 Kudos
OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

@Faith4Meyou need to have a TV provider that includes ESPN if you want to stream ESPN. You have to have an ESPN+ subscription also if you want to watch ESPN+ content.

0 Kudos
Strega2
Roku Guru

Yes, ESPN likes (lots of) money.  They want you to be paying them through a TV provider, and in addition, they also want you to pay for the + stuff separately.  Their app on Roku allows access to both the provider (ESPN no +) stuff and the + stuff, but you must be paying both ways to see all their content.

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

There are ways to get the Disney Bundle for free if you have particular phone plan from Verizon wireless or you can get the Disney Bundle for 10 dollars a month. With my phone plan with Verizon I get the Disney Bundle for free. I also get apple music for free too. I primarily only watch ESPN+. I rarely watch something on Disney or Hulu. The Disney Bundle for anyone else that is on my phone plan. I have two lines.

0 Kudos