Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Dropped channels----Local news and CNBC

so, Roku stick has dropped the Ulocal wmur local news and now my go to channel, CNBC. Did a reset, signed back in, nothing works, even if the code displayed for microseconds  gets entered into the CNBC activation page and the page says we are good, we are not, no CNBC. I have shut off power, done a hard reset, tried voice control, tried inputting both channels into search box letter by letter, still nothing. So now what, is the device cooked somehow? I even checked to see if local area was correct on screen, that's all good to. I'm lost.

1 REPLY 1
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Dropped channels----Local news and CNBC

We're grateful to have you here in the Roku Community, @tannerbuddy2020!

We sincerely regret any inconvenience this may have caused. Worry no more as we are here to find you the best resolution possible.

May we know if you have an active subscription to the app? It may be possible that your subscription ended which is why you are redirected to the activation page. However, if you do have an active subscription directly from the app, we highly suggest reaching out to their customer support for further clarification and assistance about your account as they are the ones who provided, maintained, and updated their app on the Roku streaming platform independently. 

Regarding your local news, may we know what specific app you are streaming this with? Is there any antenna connected to your TV?

We'll be looking forward to your response as we are more than eager to find you the best resolution possible.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.