Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ep9

Doctor Who Classic channel only playing a few episodes on repeat

When I first started watching the Doctor Who Classic channel on Roku, the channel would play episodes from the 1st Doctor’s run through the 7th’s and then cycle through again. A few weeks ago, the channel only started playing episodes from the 4th Doctor through the 7th on repeat, and now, more recently, it only plays a few episodes from the 4th’s run on repeat. Does anyone know why this might be? I have been watching the channel for months and have never noticed something like this before.

2 REPLIES 2
RokuEuniceL
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Doctor Who Classic channel only playing a few episodes on repeat

Hi @ep9,

Greetings from the Roku Community!

We're glad to assist you with your inquiry. Please be advised that we have passed along this information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further. We appreciate your patience and understanding in the meantime.

Kind regards,

Eunice

Eunice L.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RJpain
Binge Watcher

Re: Doctor Who Classic channel only playing a few episodes on repeat

Same here. I investigated it a bit. Doctor Who Classic Channel is also on Plex. They play the exact same. Am able to look ahead and the same thing there. I’ll bet the BBC pulled them. Or Roku has a contract that expired on most. Seeing how they have the same ones left on Plex then I believe BBC pulled them. Three 60th anniversary specials are about to appear on Disney + so I wonder where they went? Hmmmmmm!!! lol.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.