Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

Re: Disney plus Bundle - ESPN+ not working

Jump to solution

There must be a way to cancel out of the part when ESPN is asking for a TV provider.

0 Kudos
JRP86
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

One would think there is, but I haven’t been able to figure it out…and neither Disney or Roku tech support could offer a solution.

0 Kudos
teamboydo

Jump to solution

Having the same issue, I can log in and see the Disney+ bundle active in Verizon and Disney+ and can long into ESPN and watch ESPN+ content in the browser but won't work on roku w/out a TV provider...

0 Kudos
JV22

Jump to solution

I got the Disney + bundle yesterday.  When I go to Disney or even the Roku home ,there is no tile for ESPN+. I spent 31 minutes with a Disney tech yesterday,  who finally hung up on me without solving the problem. The only way it seems I can get to ESPN+ is by paying for a subscription I supposedly already have. Not sure what to do now...

0 Kudos
OwnerofDevices
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

You need to install the ESPN app in order to login to ESPN+ in the settings.

0 Kudos
JV22

Jump to solution

How do I install the app without having to pay for it?

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@JV22, it doesn't cost anything to install the app.

https://channelstore.roku.com/details/b995f72db179f502d9708adf78d74a84/espn

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
user_928

Jump to solution

Hi All,

I also have the Disney, Hulu, ESPN+ bundle through Verizon and I was having trouble getting the ESPN app on my Roku Ultra to be able to use the ESPN+ of my bundle. I logged into all the apps included in the bundle (Disney, Hulu, and ESPN apps) on my Roku Ultra with the email and password that I use for the bundle, and I am only having issues getting ESPN+ to work. 

I don’t have a fix but you are not alone.

0 Kudos
jdls
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

have the same problem. The issue is that Disney+ does not come as a 'TV Provider' when trying to sign up. If you think about it, the content provider is Disney + (I used to do this through Fubo with no issue). 

Hulu is listed as a TV provider, but I don't get my content through Hulu, rather Disney+. I can't believe how much of an ordeal this is ...

@JRP86 Have you sorted it out yet? If so, shed some light please!

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi, Community users!

Thanks for letting us know about this. 

Please be informed that most apps on the Roku streaming platform come from streaming channels provided and maintained independently by the channel providers themselves. 

Additionally, Roku doesn't manage channel logins or authentication on independent apps, especially if the subscription is purchased directly from the channel provider. 

It may also be possible that they offer different subscriptions on the Roku streaming platform. Thus, the channel login authentication issue. 

In this case, it is highly recommended to directly raise this concern to the channel provider's Support team for further clarification. You may visit the links provided below to help you reach them:

We hope you find this information helpful.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.