Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
gnonny11
Roku Guru

Disney+ makes me log in fresh every time

Jump to solution

I recently re-subscribed to my Disney+ account directly via Disney+ (has never been through Roku account). No ads version, month to month, Disney+ only. My old log in works, and on my iPhone, it saves my log in. On Roku, however, I have to input my Disney+ associated email and then input a six digit code sent to that email every single time. I never had to go through all this before, but formerly I had an annual no ads sub, so not sure if that makes any difference?

I've tried logging out of all devices (only two logged in at any time), deleting and reinstalling channel on Roku, checking for updates.

Only faster and slightly less hassle method I have found is to open a video in Disney+ app on my iPhone and then cast to my Roku, but would be nice if Roku (or Disney+ channel - not sure exactly which is culprit here) would save my log in. 

Are these my only two options? Log in each time, or cast from phone?

Roku Ultra//SonyBravia55 TV-4K//Ethernet
Favorite/most used channels: Vudu, Netflix, hoopla, Kanopy, PlutoTV, Peacock
Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Disney+ makes me log in fresh every time

Jump to solution

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @gnonny11!

We appreciate you reporting the login issues you've been experiencing with the Disney Plus channel on your Roku. We'd be happy to further assist you with this.

Since you've mentioned removing and reinstalling the channel, have you also performed a system reboot between those steps? We need to ensure that the steps of removing the channel, performing a system reboot, and reinstalling it have been done precisely to work. 

If the issue persists, we highly recommend contacting the channel provider themselves and letting them know about the issues you've encountered within their channel. They are the ones who provided, maintained, and updated their channel on the Roku streaming platform. 

You may reach them here: Disney Plus Support

We hope you get everything sorted out soon and appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @gnonny11!

We appreciate you reporting the login issues you've been experiencing with the Disney Plus channel on your Roku. We'd be happy to further assist you with this.

Since you've mentioned removing and reinstalling the channel, have you also performed a system reboot between those steps? We need to ensure that the steps of removing the channel, performing a system reboot, and reinstalling it have been done precisely to work. 

If the issue persists, we highly recommend contacting the channel provider themselves and letting them know about the issues you've encountered within their channel. They are the ones who provided, maintained, and updated their channel on the Roku streaming platform. 

You may reach them here: Disney Plus Support

We hope you get everything sorted out soon and appreciate you bearing with us in the meantime.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
gnonny11
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Appreciate it. I just got done with chatting with Disney+ support. Really nice and patient but issue was beyond them and basically made no sense to them either. They ended up saying it could be a Roku issue. lol

Oh well! I will try rebooting the Roku itself and see if that does anything. 

I guess I can live with either re-logging into channel each time, or casting from my phone.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thank you for keeping us posted, @gnonny11.

The Disney Plus channel on the Roku streaming platform is being maintained and updated by them independently. We have no access to their running operating system so they are responsible for issues like this.

Nevertheless, we appreciate your patience and understanding with us. In the meantime, you can also try highlighting the channel tile of the Disney Plus channel and pressing the start (*) button on your remote to update it. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
gnonny11
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Well well well - I just did system restart on Roku, logged back in to Disney+ channel, chose and started a random video, went back to Roku main menu, reopened Disney+ ... and lo and behold it took me to screen to continue the video I was on. No re-logging in this time!

I feel kinda dumb not thinking to do a system restart before, so thanks for suggesting that! Seems to have done the trick!

RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Thank you for the update, @gnonny11!

We're glad to hear this. For future assistance, feel free to reach out anytime you need help or you may also visit our support website for additional tips and troubleshooting steps. --> Roku Support

Happy Streaming!
Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.