Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Chiprod1

Disney+ is the only app that won't work on premier. Goes to black screen. Why..?

I pull up my previously used Disney app, and the logo shows for 1 second , then goes black..  I haven't used it in 3 months or so, and was ready to log in again. Any idea why? 

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Disney+ is the only app that won't work on premier. Goes to black screen. Why..?

Hi @Chiprod1,

Thank you for sharing this concern here in the Roku Community!

May we know what troubleshooting steps you have taken so far to have this fixed? Have you tried removing and adding the app while restarting the device between each step? Also, we'd recommend you reach out to the channel provider directly if the issue persists, as this may be a known issue on their end.

Please keep us informed on what you find out.

Sincerely,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Capchap

Re: Disney+ is the only app that won't work on premier. Goes to black screen. Why..?

Viscera’s other post, and I’ve removed spp but still only audio

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Capchap,

Thanks for keeping us updated here in the Roku Community!

Please be advised that after removing a channel, the best practice is to clear the Roku's memory by restarting it before reinstalling it. Did you do this? Without the restart, you may not get a clean reinstall.

Restart your device from Settings > System > Power > System restart. (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).

If the issue persists, please refer to the Support article here for additional troubleshooting steps: How to resolve a channel playback issue.

Please keep us posted, and we'll continue assisting you from there.

All the best,

Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.