Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
carlien

Disney Plus not available in South Africa?

Jump to solution

To confirm your response. You are saying that Roku is not supported in South Africa? Or Disney plus is not?

I use my Netflix, Prime etc subscriptions on my Roku device. The Disney plus channel is available on the Roku, but due to the way Disney plus "signs in" in South Africa, I cannot use it. Disney plus is using the same application they used in India, which is a mobile number sign in. On the Roku app, it is an email login.  If this app was updated at some time for any of the international regions using a mobile number sign in - it will work. 

I dont have to be answered again and again. But maybe a better explanation would be great, in how to get the application changed for certain regions and who is responsible for the applications available on Roku.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Disney Plus not available in South Africa?

Jump to solution

Hi @carlien,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We can certainly understand your concern about the availability of the Disney plus channel in South Africa.

We do not have a dedicated Roku presence in South Africa at this time, so it is very likely the channel is not currently available on the Roku platform. 

Channel availability and access on Roku devices will vary from region to region. A Roku device will work in any location, however, channels may not be available on your device in that location, based on each channel provider's discretion. For more information, you'd want to contact any specific channel/service provider to inquire further about whether they offer their channel/service on the Roku platform in your region.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know in case you've still got any questions.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Disney Plus not available in South Africa?

Jump to solution

Hi @carlien,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We can certainly understand your concern about the availability of the Disney plus channel in South Africa.

We do not have a dedicated Roku presence in South Africa at this time, so it is very likely the channel is not currently available on the Roku platform. 

Channel availability and access on Roku devices will vary from region to region. A Roku device will work in any location, however, channels may not be available on your device in that location, based on each channel provider's discretion. For more information, you'd want to contact any specific channel/service provider to inquire further about whether they offer their channel/service on the Roku platform in your region.

Hope you'll find this info useful. Let us know in case you've still got any questions.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos