Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
greg55
Binge Watcher

Re: Express shuts down Prime & YouTube and returns to home screen after 30-minutes.

Jump to solution

I fought this problem for months. I have found a solution.  I bought a HDMI to Rca device on amazon and connected Roku to this device then to the TV via RCA cable that came with the device.. Bingo the problems gone.

Without getting to technical , It appears as some streaming has data that your TV doesnt like so the TV kicks the Roku device off the HDMI port.   Since there is no data interaction between the TV's RCA connection and the Roku , the Roku doesnt pass the questionable data to the TV so the TV's does not respond by kicking the Roku off the HDMI Port.

0 Kudos

Re: Apps won't open

Jump to solution

Roku device model
-serial number x000004pa79p
-device ID s034d99pa79p
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About) 9.4.0
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)

This happens on every single channel including netflix, disney plus, hulu and cbs all access. It just started today and now my tv is unusable.

0 Kudos
greg55
Binge Watcher

Re: Express shuts down Prime & YouTube and returns to home screen after 30-minutes.

Jump to solution

I fought this problem for months. I have found a solution.  I bought a HDMI to Rca device on amazon and connected Roku to this device then to the TV via RCA cable that came with the device.. Bingo the problems gone.

Without getting to technical , It appears as some streaming has data that your TV doesnt like so the TV kicks the Roku device off the HDMI port.   Since there is no data interaction between the TV's RCA connection and the Roku , the Roku doesnt pass the questionable data to the TV so the TV's does not respond by kicking the Roku off the HDMI Port.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Same here. I have tried everything and my Roku channel will not work. Tried all of the suggestions and nothing.

0 Kudos
dolt45

Jump to solution

On software  version 9.4.0

Build 4192. Updated today. After update is when problem loading Hulu n Roku started. Got YouTube and Netflix to work. Did all the resets and connection checks. Worst part its a Roku tcl tv.

0 Kudos
ATS83
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Is there an update on this? My Roku that’s built into my TV will not load Disney Plus, XfinityStream, or Any other apps. 

0 Kudos
KGtv19

Jump to solution

Has this issue been resolved?

Similar to others in this thread, none of my apps load. I click an app; and, it returns to the Home screen.

0 Kudos
ATS83
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R any update - it’s been a week since you posted on this issue. 

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi everyone,

Thanks for the posts.

If have not already, please provide us with all of the following information:
-Roku device model
-serial number
-device ID
-software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found be selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)

With more information we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ATS83
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

@RokuDanny-R 

-Roku device model
D803X-Roku TV