Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RyanQuick
Channel Surfer

Disney+ HDR suddenly not available

Same I’m having the exact same issue literally was watching Disney last night and everything was Dolby Vision just finished X-Men 97 last week and was watching episodes this week and it was all Dolby Vision I hope this gets fixed soon I did all the steps it re-download nothing has worked Shows Dolby Vision on my iPhone it’s a Roku and I’m hoping you’re right that it’s just an update 

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
9 REPLIES 9
RyanQuick
Channel Surfer

Re: Disney+ HDR suddenly not available

So far I’m in the same boat just noticed this when going to watch the acolyte and noticed nothing was showing Dolby Vision anymore and I was literally watching X-Men 97 yesterday in Dolby Vision and I usually sleep to revenge of the Sith and Dolby Vision so not sure what’s going on hopefully it gets fixed soon 

0 Kudos
Dominick6404
Reel Rookie

It's Disney Plus as well. I've been chatting with their support for the past five days and nothing has been done.

RyanQuick
Channel Surfer

Smh hopefully there’s a Disney update soon not really caring about Hulu I get it through Spotify however I pay premium for Disney so this ain’t it

0 Kudos
RyanQuick
Channel Surfer

Disney plus is the more concerning 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Greetings @RyanQuick @Dominick6404,

We appreciate the additional report regarding the issue with the HDR feature no longer working on this channel. Additionally, we would like to know if this is affecting other content that supports HDR, or if it is an isolated case.

We would also recommend performing basic troubleshooting on the channel and see if that helps. 

Refer to the steps below.

• Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button to open the options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
  • Restart your Roku device: Restart the device from the settings menu. Go to Settings > System > System restart > Restart.
  • Re-install the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

For additional troubleshooting, you can visit our support page here: How do I resolve channel playback issues? - Roku Support

Or let us know if this has been applied and report back here with the details below.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Specific examples and content name
  • Channel version

Please keep us updated!

Regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RyanQuick
Channel Surfer

I’m almost asleep at the moment but this is isolated to Disney Plus (+) and Hulu only. Dolby vision works fine on Netflix and hdr on prime no problem and I have never had this issue on Disney. I’ve reset and done all the steps besides calling. Not sure what’s happening, never had this issue. Ugh.

0 Kudos
Melisgore
Reel Rookie

Same as all the others. Been watching on my "50 Westinghouse Roku TV and it's played 4K HDR on Disney+ perfectly fine since launch. Just watched XM97 last week in 4K HDR and then the function ceased since Saturday.

And while Hulu acknowledges it should play 4K content, it displays as HD only when you actually play it. For example the film First Omen and the series Reginald The Vampire are listed as 4K. But when you pause on either of them, the info reads as HD and not 4K.

Major issue for both apps as it seems only the Roku versions of D+/Hulu are having this issue. Accessed D+ on a fire tv and it acknowledged and played back in 4K HDR no issue. Then on the Westinghouse Roku TV, I accessed D+ externally via a PS5 and it acknowledged and had 4K HDR playback.

Disney says it's a Roku issue. Roku is seemingly saying it's a Disney issue. Y'all need to talk to each other and solve this..

0 Kudos
Melisgore
Reel Rookie

Hey all. Seems like an update went out to Roku today that seemingly fixed the issues.

Both Disney and Hulu seem to showing the 4K availability in the details again, as well as successfully playing back in 4K HDR. Checked out Only Murders on Hulu in 4K HDR and over on Disney+ XM97 worked in 4K HDR as well as The Acolyte. Thankfully everything seems to be in working order for both apps again 🤙🏿.

RyanQuick
Channel Surfer

Omfg finally lmao appreciate the comment.

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.