Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Justmenow71
Reel Rookie

Disney + Basic Not Working

Jump to solution

So I just bought a roku ultra. I just added the Disney + channel. I get an error. I cannot watch Disney + basic. Says I have to upgrade my Disney plan. What? Are you kidding me. Ok, I decided goodbye roku. Back to firestick. 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Disney + Basic Not Working

Jump to solution

@Justmenow71 

Huh. According to Disney's Website, they are not making it available on Roku at this time. Now, why, I don't know. And I don't know how long at this time lasts.

But yeah, this isn't cool.

https://help.disneyplus.com/csp?id=csp_article_content&sys_kb_id=ae24d4e1873bd194b5e533f73cbb35da

Supported Roku models

Disney+ supports* the following Roku models:

• Roku 2 (4210X)
  • Roku 3, 4
  • Roku Streaming Stick (3600X, 3800X)
  • Roku Express, Express+
  • 4K Roku Premiere, Premiere+
  • 4K Roku Ultra, Ultra LT
  • 4K Roku Streaming Stick+
  • 4K Roku Smart Speaker
  • Roku TV

*Please note that Disney+ Basic (With Ads) is not currently available on Roku devices.

Note: To play 4k Ultra HD and Dolby Atmos content, you’ll need to have compatible display and sound systems. 

For more information about Roku TV features and models, please visit Roku.

Don't know if this is a Disney thing or what. Perhaps @RokuDanny-R can provide some insight. But, I kinda doubt he's able to offer insight on it, if this is a Disney decision, and that would have to come from Disney.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

View solution in original post

14 REPLIES 14
DBDukes

Jump to solution

@Justmenow71 

Huh. According to Disney's Website, they are not making it available on Roku at this time. Now, why, I don't know. And I don't know how long at this time lasts.

But yeah, this isn't cool.

https://help.disneyplus.com/csp?id=csp_article_content&sys_kb_id=ae24d4e1873bd194b5e533f73cbb35da

Supported Roku models

Disney+ supports* the following Roku models:

• Roku 2 (4210X)
  • Roku 3, 4
  • Roku Streaming Stick (3600X, 3800X)
  • Roku Express, Express+
  • 4K Roku Premiere, Premiere+
  • 4K Roku Ultra, Ultra LT
  • 4K Roku Streaming Stick+
  • 4K Roku Smart Speaker
  • Roku TV

*Please note that Disney+ Basic (With Ads) is not currently available on Roku devices.

Note: To play 4k Ultra HD and Dolby Atmos content, you’ll need to have compatible display and sound systems. 

For more information about Roku TV features and models, please visit Roku.

Don't know if this is a Disney thing or what. Perhaps @RokuDanny-R can provide some insight. But, I kinda doubt he's able to offer insight on it, if this is a Disney decision, and that would have to come from Disney.

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

Strega
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

This tier only came out this month, and Disney and Roku probably haven’t yet worked out an agreement on the ads.  Like any other carriage dispute, each is probably hoping the other caves first.

MisterNybble
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Yeah, I'm about to buy a newer fire TV.  All this over a contract dispute over Ad revenue?  Xbox, Playstation, Amazon... all came to an agreement but no Roku?  I guess their attitude is SCREW THE CUSTOMER!!! hmmmm

DBDukes

Jump to solution

@MisterNybble 

We don't know that's the issue. It could be something else. I'm not jumping to any conclusions without proper information. But you be you.

DBDukes

0 Kudos
SSG65

Jump to solution

I've searched all over trying to find out why Disney+ wants us to log in w/ our password....but there's no bloody onscreen keyboard to input it!

I've reached the boiling point.  We like Disney, but if they can't sort out this (which is a relatively simple thing) we'll drop them, just like we did Hulu.

--SSG

Tigger94941
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

It is 3/6 now and this has not been worked out? Disney needs to realize how this is making fans mad that this is dragging on. I upgraded to Disney Trio and now I’ve lost Disney+ on Roku. It was working fine last week when I just had Disney+ subscription.

Justmenow71
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I agree 100% this is taking too long. I just went to look for a new TV at best buy. I told the worker there I do not want a roku tv.  Because they don't let you watch Disney basic. He didn't believe me. I'm like look it up. So now I have a brand new fire tv. I'm very happy I now get to watch Disney basic. 

Tags (2)
0 Kudos
MisterNybble
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I dumped my Roku and started using my fireTV stick...again.  Amazon has improved it a lot.  
It still is laggy and sucks but at least I can enjoy TV and D+ basic.... Your loss Roku!!!  I'll probably/maybe switch back after Roku becomes less greedy and comes to terms with the Ad revenue.  It's stupid to punish your customers over this.

OH... 
P.S. If Disney is the BIG BADDY here in all this then defend yourself ROKU and I'll point the finger of blame elsewhere but... Amazon, Android, XBox and Playstation all work with D+ so.... Points finger at ROKU!!!!

0 Kudos