Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Shell57
Channel Surfer

Discovery Go channels not loading

Jump to solution

All channels under the Discovery Go umbrella (ie Magnolia, Discovery, HGTV, FoodGo etc) are not loading. I have them  linked to my DirectTV account so that’s not the issue.  And it’s only these channels. (Prime, Netflix, TNT, DirectTV all load just fine).  I have restarted Roku device, removed channel and reloaded still nothing 

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
Toddpop
Binge Watcher

Re: Discovery Go channels not loading

Jump to solution

I have been working with TLC/DISCOVERY , and all my apps are all working again!

They came out with an updated version, which resolved it of the best for TLCGO and DiscoveryGo... I had to uninstall AnimalPlanetGo, restart, then reinstall. It froze on the first try, but on the second try it loaded and is now working!

Thanks to Discovery/TLC IT team for working with me to get it working again 

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
36 REPLIES 36
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Shell57,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thanks for letting us know about the behavior you are seeing with your Roku device when streaming content through the Discovery GO channel and we appreciate the troubleshooting steps you've done so far. 

One additional suggestion we would like for you to try is you can check for a manual system update by navigating to Home > Settings > System > System update > Check now and seeing if you notice any difference.

If the behavior continues and you encounter an issue within a channel that isn't occurring in every other channel on your device, you'll want to contact the channel provider directly to report the issue and request additional support. Each channel on the Roku platform is built and maintained by the channel provider themselves.

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting from there if needed.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
Shell57
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Mary, Thank you for your prompt reply. I did the system update, as well as checked any updates on DiscoveryGo app itself which result was the app is up to date and it is still not responding.  I also sent a “Give Us Feedback” option of “Channel failed to launch/load/start”.  Not sure how they follow up on my feedback. 

0 Kudos
Shell57
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I’ve removed all apps associated with DiscoveryGo, unplugged roku device, restarted device, reloaded only DiscoveryGo app and still not working. DiscoveryGo website chatbot is useless. May have to buy a Firestick!

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Shell57,

Thanks for letting us know all that you've done! Appreciate the troubleshooting steps you've done so far.

If removing the channel and adding it back after you've restarted the device does not resolve the channel issue, I'd recommend reaching out to channel support directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist. If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on that channel, that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it.

You can reach them here: Discovery GO - Watch TV Shows Online

We appreciate your patience and understanding regarding what you are experiencing.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Shell57
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

I received this Issue Report Tracker when attempting to load the FoodTV Go app - issue ID 55-211-677.  Not sure if this would also be the issue when I try to load DiscoveryGo app

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Shell57,

Thanks for sharing your observation.

If other channels are working correctly, and you only experience this issue on the Discovery GO channel, that is likely an indication that the issue lies within that particular channel. In these cases, the channel provider will need to investigate the issue in order to help resolve it. We would recommend reaching out to the Discovery GO channel directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider directly, and they'll be able to best assist.

In the meantime, can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to work with the channel partner to investigate further. We look forward to your responses and gathering your details.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Shell57
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

-Roku device model 3810RW Roku Steaming Stick+

-serial number YH00GE951055

-device ID C2397G951055

-software OS/version 12.0.0 Build 4184-50

Channel occurring on is Discovery GO Version 6.13 build 12

I have reached out to the DiscoveryGo app Support Desk and have given them information they've requested to troubleshoot issue on their side.  Have not heard back from them for several days though.

thanks for your help

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Shell57,

Thanks for providing all the information we requested and we're sorry for the inconvenience.

We will forward your information and concern to the Roku team. Don't hesitate to let us know if you have any questions or additional feedback.

We appreciate your patience and understanding regarding what you are experiencing.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
badsupport27
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I found the best way to fix this is to get rid of your Roku... Roku support will not do anything but put it off on the channel provider.  This all occured after the latest Roku system update and they refuse to take ownership in this issue.  I have dealt with Roku support putting more effort into proving me as liar rather than taking care of a customer and resolving the issue....