Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
JMP3
Binge Watcher

Difficulty listening to Spotify on my TVs using Roku Streaming Stick+

Jump to solution

Helping my neighbor who subscribes to Spotify Premium Individual and had been listening to Spotify on on her TVs using the Roku Streaming Stick+.  Recently she mistakenly signed out of Spotify and now she is unable to access the Spotify channel through Roku.

When we click on the Spotify Channel from the Home page, the Spotify logo appears.  Then the logo re-displays but then sits there and does nothing.

Tried removing and re-adding the Spotify channel and that made no difference.

I tried doing the same thing on a second TV and got the same result.

Went to a third TV that previously had not had the Spotify Channel.  When I added the channel, I was able to listen to Spotify music.

Went to a fourth TV that previously had not had the Spotify Channel.  When I added the channel, I was able to listen to Spotify music.

Went back to the first TV and still not able to access Spotify on the Roku channel.

Have tried turning off the 3rd and 4th TVs and when I tried to get into Spotify through Roku channel, now all 4 TVs exhibit the same problem.

They have a group setup with Google Home and they can listen to Spotify musing on all 3 Google speakers in the house.

They are able to listen to Spotify music on their smart phones.

The iPhone that was able to listen to Spotify is on the same 5G wireless network as the 4 TVs.

I thought maybe Spotify was restricting the number of concurrent devices that could listen to music, but I was able to listen to music fine on 2 TVs.

I'm at a lost as to why this is happening.  What am I missing or not doing? I should be able to access Spotify using the Roku stick on any of these 4 TVs.   

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Re: Difficulty listening to Spotify on my TVs using Roku Streaming Stick+

Jump to solution

Hello @JMP3

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

Did you restart your Roku device before re-installing the channel? That step is crucial when performing troubleshooting. If you haven't tried the suggested order (remove > restart > re-install), we would recommend giving it a shot once again. We also suggest doing the restart from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,
Karla

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @JMP3

Thanks for reaching out here in the Community.

Did you restart your Roku device before re-installing the channel? That step is crucial when performing troubleshooting. If you haven't tried the suggested order (remove > restart > re-install), we would recommend giving it a shot once again. We also suggest doing the restart from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know how it goes!

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
JMP3
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

Doing the restart from the Settings menu and navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

Unplugging the Roku Stick and plugging it back in did not resolve the issue.

Using the System Restart Approach above did work! :-).

Thank you Karla.