Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Daily Wire Keeps Closing

I also have this exact issue

Cmgarza
Binge Watcher

I am experiencing the same thing.  This started recently.

Cmgarza
Binge Watcher

I assume there is a malicious lefty at Roku that put something in the code targeting The Daily Wire, specifically.

AnitaC64

Yes!...it happens to me, also!  Frustrating.

I’ve just reinstalled the app to my Roku Home Screen, and, I’ve emailed Daily Wire Help directly. I think this may be exclusively a Roku issue because my friend watches from Apple TV and does not experience this problem.

I’m waiting to hear back from DW on their recommendations for this issue.

Good luck!

RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi everyone,

We're aware of the issue and it's currently under investigation. Once we received an update or feedback, we'll let the Community know immediately. 

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
mikeSloan
Reel Rookie

Is Roku intentionally sabotaging this app? 

mikeSloan
Reel Rookie

Is Roku intentionally causing problems with this channel? Does Roku practice censorship of right-leaning politics? 

Bubaluke39
Reel Rookie

This just started for me as well. I am on the stick+ with ver. 10.0.0 build 4195-50. I have done everything that has been posted and no luck. It was fine before the update and of course I can not roll back to the old ver. This needs to be fixed.

DKprogramming
Reel Rookie

Your code isn't that complicated. Especially for a problem that repeats every 10 minutes no matter what Roku device is used (I have them all and they are all doing it.) Here's the problem one more time: The current Roku OS is disconnecting "The Daily Wire" app and returned any Roku device to the home screen ~ every 10 minutes. No matter what is reset or  uninstalled/reinstalled. That's it. Not complicated. Your OS can be scanned for that kind of repeating error in hours/minutes. We need to know if you are serious about fixing this, or if I need to trash my Roku devices and go to another functional system. 

This is not an annoyance, it is a deal-breaking problem.  Shrugging will be assumed to be a signal to dump Roku.

tlittle4life
Channel Surfer

Tried uninstalling DW app, restarting Roku and reinstalling DW.  Still returning to home screen in 10 minutes.

Dad-gum left creeps!

0 Kudos