Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
T1000
Reel Rookie

DISNEY PLUS NOT WORKING on any of my roku devices. SIMPLY WILL NOT PLAY ONCE IN.

Disney plus doesn't work on any of my roku devices. I can watch on phone and tablets but not on Roku TCL or Roku Express device. Signed out and removed channel to fix but didn't work.

0 Kudos
13 REPLIES 13
davidjazz
Roku Guru

Re: DISNEY PLUS NOT WORKING on any of my roku devices. SIMPLY WILL NOT PLAY ONCE IN.

What Roku devices do you have? Where are you located?

Disney+ on Roku is not authorized in all markets, even though it may be available to stream on phones and PCs, etc.

0 Kudos
T1000
Reel Rookie

Re: DISNEY PLUS NOT WORKING on any of my roku devices. SIMPLY WILL NOT PLAY ONCE IN.

I'm in TX and have had Disney plus on my Roku Express and TCL Roku Smart TV since Disney + deployed. Had no problem all week until Friday.

0 Kudos
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

When problems are confined to a particular channel, it may be that the channel didn't install properly, that it didn't update correctly, or that the installation has otherwise gotten corrupted. A reinstall may fix the problem, so give it a try.

Remove/reinstall procedure:

1. Highlight channel on home screen.
  2. Press * key on Roku remote and choose "Remove channel "option.[Note: If this is a premium channel to which you subscribed through Roku, "Remove channel" will be replaced by "Manage subscriptions". Click this and follow the prompts to unsubscribe from this channel. (Don't worry. You'll still have use of it for the balance of your pre-paid subscription period. You can resubscribe later if you like.)Now the ”Remove channel" menu item will be back and you can remove the channel. ]
  3. IMPORTANT- DON'T SKIP:
    Restart the Roku to clear its memory. Depending on your Roku model and Roku version number you'll find "System restart" under Roku menu path Settings > System > Power or under Settings > System'. Without the restart to clear the memory you may not get a clean reinstall.
  4. Reinstall the channel. Note it will be added to the END of the channel grid.
  5. If channel requires a login, you may need to log in anew.

When completed you should at least have a clean copy of the app's current release in place.

If the problem persists at this point, it often means the current version of the channel app has a problem that must be addressed by the channel service itself, as they are the ones that create the Roku-compatible version of their app and provide it to Roku.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Ultra 4800 | Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
T1000
Reel Rookie

Thanks for info. I tried all those solutions multiple times before posting question on site. Now Amazon Prime is not working. I was in tech support virtual chat but kept getting a freeze. I'll stay on pursuit of this.

Kiki12

Same thing happening here. I can’t add any of the numbers for the Disney code on ROKU device 

0 Kudos

According to Disney Plus’s support website, the ad-supported tier is “not currently available on Roku devices.” It’s also not available on the Microsoft Windows desktop app, the site informs. So, at the moment, U.S. subscribers with Disney+ Basic or Disney Bundles like Disney Bundle Duo Basic (Disney+ Basic and Hulu’s ad plan) or Trio Basic (Disney+ Basic, Hulu’s ad plan and ESPN+) are unable to stream on Roku or Windows.

Disney told TechCrunch that it is still in talks with Roku about reaching an agreement that suits both parties.

0 Kudos
Roberto3
Reel Rookie

Exact same thing, first it was Disney, then Amazon started doing the same. No fix will solve the issue...

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Roberto3,

Thanks for your first post in the Roku Community!

We would like to know how to identify and look further into this issue but will need more details. A few questions here to better understand what you're experiencing:

1. Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device?
  2. Are you being prompted with an error message?
  3. How long has the issue been occurring?
  4. Have you tried removing the channel, restarting your device from Settings>System>Power>System restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step), then once it loads up again, adding the channel back once more to see if that clears things up?
  5. What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Abel1

I saw this from 2022. So I went through and deleted the app, unplugged the router, went into settings to update the TV etc. and…nothing. It just won’t play Disney+. Every other device aka desktop, laptops, phone and so forth have no issues. The tv however just won’t do it. First world tech problems, I know, but, dang haha kinda makes me not want to buy Roku products again. “An unexpected problem (but not server timeout of HTTP error) has been detected. 

0 Kudos