Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: DISNEY PLUS NOT WORKING on any of my roku devices. SIMPLY WILL NOT PLAY ONCE IN.

Hi @Abel1,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We appreciate you letting us know about this issue with Disney plus having an error message. 

Please be advised that when removing a channel, it's important that you make sure to restart your Roku device before adding the channel back again to ensure a clean channel install. If you are still unable to resolve the issue.

If you are still unable to resolve the issue, you'll want to contact Disney plus support directly to inquire further. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves.

You can reach their support team here: Disney plus help support

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Roberto3
Reel Rookie

Re: DISNEY PLUS NOT WORKING on any of my roku devices. SIMPLY WILL NOT PLAY ONCE IN.

Yes, I have tried, carefully, each step, resting app, resetting Roku TV, reset modem, more than a couple times, nothing works. Disney and Prime load, I am able to browse all content, only when hitting "play" video looks like loading (the turning circle animation appears) but never does load and just shows a short and meaningless text saying something went wrong, no codes or anything. Both prime and Disney started showing this behavior couple weeks back in my Phillips Roku TV, Netflix, HBO, VIX, YouTube work just fine. I have a Roku stick in my other tv, same house, same modem, same account in the apps, all works just fine.

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Roberto3,

We appreciate you for following up.

Thanks for letting us know all that you've done and we appreciate the troubleshooting steps you've done so far to try to resolve the playback issue with Disney plus and Amazon Prime Videos.

Try these additional steps below to help resolve the problem:

1. Check for updates (Settings > System > System update > Check now)
  2. Last resort, factory reset ( Settings > System > Advanced system settings > Factory reset )

See more tips and troubleshooting steps for this type of issue here: How to resolve a channel playback issue | Official Roku Support

This should resolve the issue you are experiencing, however, if the issue is still unresolved, please reply back and we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Roberto3
Reel Rookie

Is this a joke??? I mean, if you are a Roku employee, shouldn't you take these findings to an appropriate product manager, raise a bug and feed it to you development team to fix it?????? Come one!!! We customers don't need "tips" , we need customer support and solution.