Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
ckaterina
Reel Rookie

Crave going black after loading

I was using a friends Crave account for a while and then got automatically signed out. I decided to get my own crave but when I got to the channel on my TV it'll load a message saying you have been logged out pops up for about a second and then the screen goes blank. I have tried deleting the chanel and adding it back. I even did a factory reset and nothing has been working.

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Crave going black after loading

@ckaterina wrote:

... I have tried deleting the chanel and adding it back. ...

Try the three-step method.

1. Remove the app
  2. Reboot the Roku
  3. Reinstall the app

All three steps, in that order. Does that let you sign in with your account?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
johnnygoonz
Reel Rookie

I’m having the same problem. Removing the app, rebooting the TV, and reinstalling the app had no effect, it’s still doing the same thing

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @johnnygoonz,

Thanks for letting us know all that you've done! Appreciate the troubleshooting steps you've done so far.

We'd like to gather additional information about the issue you're running into. What Roku model device are you using? Are all other streaming channels playing content normally? How long has the issue been occurring?

Keep us posted with the details.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
johnnygoonz
Reel Rookie

It's a TCL 3-Series 40" 1080p HD LED Roku OS Smart TV

My other streaming channels and apps are all fine yeah - Netflix, Prime, GlobalTV, YouTube, and Spotify are all working normally. I'm not sure exactly when it started as I hadn't tried watching a Crave show in a while, but it's been at least a week or two now. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @johnnygoonz,

Thanks for following up.

If you're still experiencing an issue, try checking for system updates in Settings>System>System update>Check now. If the issue remains unresolved, I'd recommend contacting CraveTV directly to report the issue and request additional support. Many channels on the Roku platform are developed and maintained by the channel provider, and they'll be able to best assist.

Please keep us posted on what you find out.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Jo2022

Did anyone find a solution to this issue?  It is not a Crave problem as I am able to watch Crave on my other TV (which is not a ROKU). 

0 Kudos
ckaterina
Reel Rookie

After about a week I just randomly kept pressing buttons before the screen went black and it somehow worked and I was able to get to the login page and now it is working properly but I did delete it and readded a number of times. I honestly thing it was pure luck that I got mine to work

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.