Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
pbauez

Re: Crashing and going back to Roku screen

Jump to solution

device

plugged into the tv 

last hour (during the Kentucky derby)

keep cycling back to roku screen

will now try turning TV on and off, and hope

looking forward to your help

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hello @pbauez

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

If you haven't tried yet, you can remove the affected channel then re-install it. To ensure the process is successful, restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.
For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos
ChrisP5
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My Roku Stick crashes every time I try to open Netflix.  In addition it crashes on multiple shows in Britbox.

Roku is full patched.

0 Kudos
Sroth

Jump to solution

Roku is crashing on several apps. Removed apps, reinstalled apps, still going back to home screen. I reported issue ID, 8P 266 137, what do i do now?

Jump to solution

Mines not clicked and it keeps doing it. Any suggestions 

0 Kudos

Jump to solution

Nothing seems to be helping. Waste of time uninstalling apps and reinstalling. That didn't help. I'm thinking Roku is not the brand anymore. Can't get a straight answer from them. Don't waste ur money. 

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Sroth,
Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!
We understand that you're having a problem with your apps or channels on Roku since it will kick you off the home screen. We're happy to help. We'd like to gather more information about the issue you're running into.

• Are you being prompted with an error message?
  • How far are your modem and router from your Roku device or TV?
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue?
  • Do you have cellular data so we can try connecting your Roku device to your hotspot?

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.
Best regards,
John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
ChrisP5
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

1.  There are no prompts, the device simply crashes and reboots to the bouncing "Roku" screen.

2.  The "Roku Model 3820X – Streaming Stick 4K Version 12.0.0 build 4184-CU" is directly connected to the TV and connected to my 5G WiFi.  Ran the Network Connection check and all were green.

3.  Checked Roku device and Britbox App for updates.  Both are at the current versions.  Reset the Roku stick and reestablished settings.  No change in errors happening.

4.  Yes I have cellular Hotspot, but that won't be as good as my Hi-Speed xFinity WiFi.

0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @ChrisP5,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

We just need to clarify more information to better understand your problem, and I'll be asking for additional information:

• How are you powering your Roku device?
  • Is the Roku device plugged into the back of the TV with a USB port, or is it plugged into a wall outlet?

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.
Best regards,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos