Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Crashing and going back to Roku screen

Jump to solution

Hi @JBRaccoon,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

Can you please provide us with more specific information about the issue you are experiencing? Which streaming channels are you experiencing this issue on? Have you tried rebooting both your wireless router and your Roku device? What Roku model device are you using? If you see something different, please let us know what you see.

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
JBRaccoon
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

sure, I can load my Plex app for example, and start to watch a TV series on my local server and without notice it will kick me out back to the home screen. I thought this was an isolated incident so I tried it on other apps I have and received the same result at random times. I've even tried unplugging the device and letting it sit for a short time, as well as ensuring it was updated and receiving quality signal on my WIFI network. I've run out of ideas on what could be causing it so came here.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

@JBRaccoon

Thanks for th epost.

Does this issue happen on a specific channel like Plex or does it happen across all channels? In addition, what Roku model device are you using and how are you powering the Roku device?

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JBRaccoon
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

it happens on other channels as well and not just Plex, I ruled that out before checking here just in case. As for power, it's directly connected to the power strip via the USB adapter, with a heavy duty USB cable to reduce chance of wire breakage within the cable itself. Model number is: 393OX

0 Kudos
Leahlonguski
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

This is happening to mine too. I’ve updated the software and the apps. I restart it and it still will exit the app go to the Home Screen or completely turn off and turn back on. It was at the point I couldn’t even get into Netflix. Now it seems that Netflix paramount plus and Comedy Central are doing it

help please 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Leahlonguski,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

I'm sorry to hear about the issue you're running into! I'd be happy to help take a closer look to see how we can help get you up and running. 

Here are a few questions here to better understand what you're experiencing:

1.  Are you using a Roku TV or a Roku device?
  2. Aside from the three channels that you mentioned, are all other streaming channels playing content normally?
  3. What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to resolve the issue?
  4. What are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue you are experiencing?
  5. How long has the issue been occurring?

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Leahlonguski
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hi Mary,

im using a ROKU tv!

it seems like these three are having issues. I haven’t tried my Netflix in some time though. Hulu is fine. 

I’ve deleted some apps as I heard sometimes you can have too much memory (although I didn’t have much on there), I restart my tv and internet connection and update the apps and tv software regularly. This has been happening the last month if not a little longer? It’ll either go out of the app to the Home Screen or the tv will restart itself on its own. 

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Leahlonguski,

Thanks for following up,

We'd like to take a closer look to see if there's anything else we can suggest to help. Have you tried removing the affected channel, restarting your device from Settings>System>Power>System restart (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step), then once it loads up again, adding the channel back once more to see if that clears things up? As a last resort, have you already tried performing a factory reset on the device to see if you are still experiencing an issue?

For more information about how to factory reset your Roku device, visit our Support page here: How to system restart or factory reset your Roku streaming device | Official Roku Support

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Best regards,
Mary

0 Kudos
Leahlonguski
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hi Mary, 

I have not done these steps. I’ll be out of town this weekend but I’ll try it once I get back and see if it helps. Thank you so much!

Leah

0 Kudos
ilikemyrealname
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Good luck everyone

0 Kudos