Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RADETAIL

Re: Content on the Roku Channel Will Not Play

239 posts about this issue with no resolution or help from ROKU ..once in a while someone posts from roku staring how sorry they are about the problem and asks for all the info related to their device and asks a user to describe the problem, and on and on. .

Roku is well aware of the problem that is widespread and has done nothing to resolve it. They don't give a**bleep** about their customer nor the issue. 

When someone does come in here and responds to a post, cuts the exact same canned , cooued and pasted  reply .

This has been going on for months with not one bit of evidence that indicates they're addressing the issue. 

They insult us by instructing us to do the same useless steps to fix the problem. Not once had it worked for anyone.

At this point, I don't believe the replies from Roku are from a human. I believe they are generated by an AI BOT 

Whatever the case, they clearly are not interested in fixing the problem .

They are a greedy, corporation that made their billions by selling a ton of devices  and refuse to support their **bleep**ty product. They know the advice they're giving to resolve the issue will not now or ever fix the problem .

I hope these worthless pieces of **bleep** are all gang raped by rabid baboons!

**bleep** you Roku!

I will do everything in my power to prevent people from buying your products. 

SierraGray
Binge Watcher

Roku has full control over their devices, and them are the ones that have shut down certain accounts. This is why no resolution will happen. There are other sites, that people use, that would hurt their brand if no resolution from Roku is forthcoming.  This is a Roku community site; therefore that is the reason for no resolution.

Ronda0718
Reel Rookie

Re: The Roku Channel does not play anything

ID 8M-293-402. My Roku television will not play any Roku movies or TV shows I click on a particular movie or show it flashes loading for half a second and nothing else happens.

NathanDarkblade
Reel Rookie

Starting last week, we've started having the same problem everyone in this thread has been having.

For us it is not a Roku hardware issue, as we have the same problem with the Roku channel on my phone when connected to our home wifi, our tablet when connected to home wifi, and our desktop.

Disconnecting my phone from wifi and using mobile data, Roku channel plays as normal.  Using VPN on desktop & choosing any US server, Roku channel plays as normal.

All other streaming services and channels play normally on all devices using our isp's settings, except Roku channel.

All right, how did you hold your mouth? Were you standing on one foot with your eyes crossed? It hasn't been working for months for some people... what did you do to make it work?

0 Kudos
SierraGray
Binge Watcher

He purchased an item from Roku. I have been told that if you get anything ( Disney+ ) you will recover the full functions of Roku.

0 Kudos
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users,

Apologies for the inconvenience. This is not what we aimed for.

We wanted to let you know that we are aware of this issue, and our team is currently investigating it. Once information is available, rest assured that we will update this Community thread.

Your patience and understanding are highly appreciated this time.

Regards,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
SierraGray
Binge Watcher

Some of us have had this problem for a couple months. This is a Roku channel site, but there are several other web sites not Roku controlled, and your reputation is getting battered.

Roku is deliberately causing this problem.

Failed to load resource: net::ERR_BLOCKED_BY_CLIENT

llhaas321

Re: Roku channel shows will not play

This is also a problem with our Roku, and it is only 1 month old.  Have tried all the troubleshooting steps and still nothing.  HELP

0 Kudos
Ks221

Roku channel will not play anything

The Roku channel will not play anything. I’ve tried restarting everything and that did not help. Any suggestions?

Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.