Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jkiser
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku channel not loading streaming content

I've had  the same problem for over a  week. I  tried the online chat with the help desk. I  honestly think they just pasted the  instructions for any possible problem you  could have. After about an hour, I  got  tired and ended the chat. I  still don't have any  of  the live TV.

SierraGray
Binge Watcher

As you have found, support does not exist. There are too many complaints about their products. I have three devices, when one went the other at this location went. I have a third in another state. last weekend I was told it had the same problem. I am now looking for a streaming device, that will replace these three.

0 Kudos
Reel Rookie

Re: Roku channel won’t play anything

• Model 3930X - Roku Express
  • Serial number X00400CSL9VY
  • Device ID S00829ASL9VY
  • Software version 12.0.0 build 4184-AE
  • Roku Channel Version 9.3 build 10
  • Tracker ID VY-286-663
  • When I click Play for an episode the screen goes black for a second, then goes back to previous screen but says loading for a second, then back to original screen where I pressed Play initially
  • ISP LTD Broadband
  • South central Minnesota
0 Kudos
RokuJohnB
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @jkiser @SierraGray,

Thanks for keeping us posted!

We would be more than happy to look further into this issue, but we will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version or build is it? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button.)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,

John

John
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
bamagravy
Channel Surfer

I'm not going to bother posting my specifics. I don't think it matters since it seems to be system wide. Roku channel is inoperative, as others have said it will show you the episode with the description and when you click to play it attempts to load for a split second and then returns to the original landing page. I enjoy my content on the Roku channel but lets face it we go there because it's free, which generally means a time filler for most of us until something on another app interests us more. Thank you for the canned response. Though a much better answer would be that your tech's are aware of the problem and are working feverishly night and day to straighten it out. Peace out.

wannaknow
Binge Watcher

Count me in too....

Roku channel is non functioning, won't load anything....it started for me about 3 days ago....

Same as everyone else has described, when you click to play it attempts to load for a split second and then returns to the original loading page....

Too bad as I quite enjoy the Roku channel...

0 Kudos

Re: Content on the Roku Channel Will Not Play

We are experiencing the same issue with our Roku Express 4K.   We cannot play ANY content on Roku channel.   
Device ID:  S0HAK29HEH5W

IP address:  192.168.40.104

Software Version:  12.00 build 4184.E4

Cannot obtain tracker ID

0 Kudos
RokuTakashi
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @2Razorbacks,

Greetings and welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you're having the same issue regarding content on the Roku channel that won't play/stream. To take a closer look at this, could you please provide the additional information below?

• Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Does this issue occur specifically on The Roku Channel? If so, what version/build is the channel? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button).
  • Steps to reproduce the issue.

Your response would be greatly appreciated.

All the best,
Kash

Takashi O.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
wannaknow
Binge Watcher

Hi Kash,

Just a quick note to let you know that suddenly today, the Roku channel is playing content as normal....you'd never know there had been a problem....

Here's hoping that it continues....😊....

0 Kudos
bamagravy
Channel Surfer

All the build or software numbers in the world do not explain why Roku channel will not stream to a PC or phone or tablet through the web browser. All we get is try again over and over and the only answers you give are canned responses that are supposed to make us think you are doing anything about it. BTW I own 4 Roku devices and all of them have the same issue as my PC etc....

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.