Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

The Roku Channel does not play anything

After 2 weeks of visiting the Roku Channel, we still can not load any shows or movies.

What we've tried:

1. Resetting the Roku Device (TV)

2. Removing & re-installing The Roku Channel

3. Checking for all updates

4. Resetting home router

Nothing works. What could the issue be?

RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: The Roku Channel does not play anything

Hi @kissangelgirl,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you are unable to stream content on The Roku Channel through Roku and we're sorry for the inconvenience this has caused.

Please make sure to restart your Roku device after removing the channel and before adding the channel back to ensure the process is successful.

If the issue persists, please provide all the required details mentioned below as it will help us to investigate the reported issue:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, software OS/version, and IP address (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
  • does this issue occur on a specific channel? if so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
  • tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue arise, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing and what exactly the behavior is that you are experiencing
  • where are you currently located
  • who is your ISP (internet service provider)
  • are you using a VPN

Please keep us posted and we appreciate you again posting in Roku Community.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JESSICATHEBABE
Binge Watcher

Mary
I've done all this. I've tried every "fix" suggestion several times. Probably 10 times each.
I've also turned in all the info you just requested - once in this very topic and once to the Twitter contact.
I'm now at THREE WEEKS without Roku. The ROKU twitter page just keeps saying "be patient, we are working on it."

58R6+. Hi sense model C232x - hardware Serial x001007ryroe Software version 11.5.0 build 4312-94 Device ID s01mh19ryroe ROKU Version 8.0 build 72 IE oe-162-351 

It happens on the ROKU app that is on my ROKU TV.
Live TV works. Every other App works - Netflix, Tubi, Disney - they all work.

When I open the ROKU app and click on play for any movie or show, it just immediately goes to "loading" for one second and then right back to the start screen. Over and over and over. The same problem that tons of people are having.

0 Kudos
Doomsayr
Binge Watcher

Re: The Roku channel will not play movies!

•  Element model E4AA43R
  • DEVICE ID is 0G80CD141140
  • SOFTWARE VERSION 11.5.0
  • It occurs on the Roku channel none of the movies will work and the haunt channel on live TV doesn't work. As I've said before it's not one specific time or movie. Literally none work. Many of the live TV does not work as well.
  • Issue ID is 40-193-219
  • To reproduce this go to the roku channel. Load up the categories section. Click horror (or any movie) let it load. Hit play.  Watch as nothing happens. Or go to live TV try to load the haunt channel and watch nothing happen.
  • Located in Los Banos California 93635
0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @JESSICATHEBABE,

Thanks for keeping us posted here in the Roku Community!

We really appreciate the details provided and the troubleshooting you've done so far.

We will be needing more information as follows for us to assist you further:

• tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue arise, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID)
  • where are you currently located
  • who is your ISP (internet service provider)
  • are you using a VPN

We're looking forward to your update.

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

Re: The Roku channel will not play movies!

Hi @Doomsayr 

Thanks for the follow up.

Please be aware that I have passed along your concerns and information to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Please keep us posted and we will be able to assist you further. We look forward to hearing back from you.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
AlanAnderson
Streaming Star

Re: Content on the Roku Channel Will Not Play

I've been waiting for a solution to this for 3+ months. I just tried again and it has not changed, still won't play series I want to watch. ALL my other channels work fine, just not yours. 

0 Kudos
JESSICATHEBABE
Binge Watcher

Rey

Net1 Connect is the internet provider.  https://net1connect.solutions

Moody Texas

Not a VPN

This issue has been going on for a month now, on three TVs - all ROKU TVs. So this info below is just for ONE of the three TVs

Model: 7141X - Roku TV

Serial number: YN00EM967468 (NM991E967468)

Software version: 11.5.0 build 4312-30

Timestamp: 2023-05-17T18:59:08Z

Please use issue ID 68-196-979 to report the current issue

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi, @JESSICATHEBABE,

Thanks for the follow-up and providing us with your device information.

We just wanted to let you know that we have already passed along your concerns and details to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Once more information is available, we'll make sure to update this Community thread.

Your patience and understanding in the meantime are much appreciated.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
5280dittmers
Reel Rookie

Re: Content on the Roku Channel Will Not Play

Model 3600X-Roku Stick

Serial# 5S4627165084

SW 12.0.0 build 4184-24

Can’t play anything on the Roku Channel. 

I’ve restarted, deleted and readied the ap, factory reset the device. 

very frustrating. 

0 Kudos