Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bbaker2824

Re: Non-Roku apps work fine. Roku channels not working!

Jump to solution

I've got the same issue.  It just returns to the program menu.  Frustrating.  

0 Kudos
Bbaker2824

Re: Content on the Roku Channel Will Not Play

Jump to solution

I'm having the same issues.  Tried all of the above.  Even cancelled discovery plus so I could remove the app.  Nothing worked.  

Slats
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Hello?

Is anyone alive at ROKU?

Do you have technical experts working at ROKU anymore?

What is going on?

This is highly frustrating, and after 4 days this is still not working.

please call me as you have my phone number and I can help you diagnose the problem.

Since you are using "lack of details about your problem" as a way to claim you cannot help me, here are my details.

I use a:

- Roku Express Serial number 803472812300AAF02

Slats
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

• Are you using a Roku TV or a Roku device?
    • device
  • Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all channels on your Roku device?
    • just the Roku channel
  • Are you receiving error messages or codes when accessing the channel
    • no.  I select Play, it blips a bit and then comes back to the screen where the Play button is
  • What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to try to resolve the issue
    • I've written to your support team 4 times.
    • I've offered to help you diagnose the problem.
    • I have deleted the app and re-installed it.
    • I have updated ROKU software
    • I have dropped my subscription
    • I have re-upped my subscription
    • I would ask you to try it yourself Ms. support person
  • What are you seeing on screen? Can you provide a screenshot of the issue you are experiencing?
    • I described the screen interactions above.  yOu shouldn't need a screen shot.

Why haven't you called me?

mark

Slats
Channel Surfer

Re: Roku Channel Won't Play Anything At All

Jump to solution

Same.

4 days and no useful information.

I have tried everything.

no one is reaching out to figure this out.

I have a bit of advice for you.

Call someone, while they are trying to connect, watch your servers for the connection, tail the logs, and see what happens.

It's pretty simple.

you just need to talk to people.

none of this back and forth via email/chats/posts nonsense any more.

Slats

Ethylester
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Roku support,  here are my answers to your questions. Please help. Thanks. 

Roku device model - 3820X streaming stick 4K

serial number - X01700DUX74K

device ID - S08Y426UX74K

software OS/version - 11.5.0 build 4312-CU

does this issue occur on a specific channel? --- yes, only the Roku channel,  version 8.0, build 72

the specific content title that you are seeing this issue occur with -- all content on the channel

tracker ID when this issue occurs -- 4K-158-548

steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing -- I go to Roku channel, try to play a show, it just blinks at me and plays nothing, staying on the same screen as if I didn't select anything. 

where are you currently located - Michigan,  USA.

Isola_60185
Reel Rookie

The Roku Channel is not working on Roku devices

Jump to solution

I have the exact same issue. Everything is working but the Roku channel and Roku live TV. I have a Roku TV and a separate Roku device attached to another TV. All the content appears to be available but when you click on it nothing happens. All other Roku installed apps(Netflix, Apple, YouTube) work fine.

Reset device, reinstalled channel, called ISP, etc. Started 2 days ago.

Update. I tried connecting using my phone, same issue. I then turned off WiFi on my phone and reconnected over just cellular and it appears to be able to stream on my phone. Why us that?

Tdwlew
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Roku, I think you have a much bigger problem than a few users needing to take corrective measures.  Nothing plays on the Roku Channel at all.  Your streaming capability on Roku Channel is down for what I’d guess is huge numbers of your customers.

atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: therokuchannel.roku.com videos don't play

Jump to solution

@Isola_60185 that is not what this thread is covering. This was in reference to the web based Roku Channel, which is available via a computer web browser and at this time is working correctly. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos
Isola_60185
Reel Rookie

Re: therokuchannel.roku.com videos don't play

Jump to solution

Thanks (I think). I realized the subject wasn't right after I posted it but I was responding to the previous post below (which I think also doesn't fall into this thread). I didn't want to start a new thread but maybe I need to.

>>I'm having the same issues. Roku has not worked for 3 days. I have 3 devices on 3 different tvs and none of them will stream Roku live channels or anything I had previously watched. I have tried every suggestion to resolve this issue that has been given with no success. There is no longer a way to contact tech support. Seems like Roku does not care about their customers.