Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
RedOrangeYellow
Channel Surfer

Commercials interrupting live Roku channel shows

Jump to solution

Recently, live Roku programs on all channels I watch are interrupted by Roku commercials.  I do not mean a normal ad break.  Rather, the program is suddenly interrupted for about 10 seconds or so with the start of an ad, and then goes back to the program.  As if the interruption was a mistake.  I am watching 442 right now and it just did this twice.

1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Commercials interrupting live Roku channel shows

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,
Thanks for posting in the Roku Community regarding the issue you are experiencing with commercials on live Roku channel shows.
Please be aware that at times, commercials may be abrupt or sudden during live TV content playback.

Let us know if there is anything else that we can look further into.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
11 REPLIES 11
RokuArvyS
Retired Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @RedOrangeYellow

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Thank you for letting us know about the issue you are experiencing. We would be more than happy to look further into this issue, but we will need more details. Can you please provide us with the following information:

•Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
•Does this issue occur on a specific channel? If so, what channel and what version/build is the channel (this can be found by selecting the channel on the home screen and pressing the * button).
Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times and provide us with this ID)
•Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

Once we have this information, we will be able to pass it along to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Best regards,
Arvy

Marc
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RedOrangeYellow
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

3941x Roku express 4+

x016003xp6yd. 12.0.0 

channel 442 sometimes on 447 and others

just happened twice on 442 a few minutes apart so 2 tracker ids:  Id yd 205-969 and Id yd-205-984

and it just happened again while typing this!  Thanks

0 Kudos
DavidAlexander
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

I experience the abrupt commercial breaks constantly. A show will be playing and suddenly break to a ten second promo for other Roku channels. Never know when they’re coming. Very annoying. 

0 Kudos
DavidAlexander
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

BTW- I have three different Roku models. The random promo break ins happen on all three. A Roku sound bar model 9101X and model 4801X in same house. Express 4k+ Model in another house. 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi Community users,
Thanks for posting in the Roku Community regarding the issue you are experiencing with commercials on live Roku channel shows.
Please be aware that at times, commercials may be abrupt or sudden during live TV content playback.

Let us know if there is anything else that we can look further into.

Thanks,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RedOrangeYellow
Channel Surfer

Jump to solution

Thank you for the response.  But what is being noted are NOT normal ad breaks.  These are sudden ads that start, run for a few seconds and do NOT run the full ad before suddenly returning to the program.  It appears that the ad break was mistakenly started, then stopped midway, and then the program resumes.  I hope Roku takes this issue seriously and does not dismiss it out of hand.  This problem is not resolved.  Thank you.

NOTE:  This problem just happened now on channel 442.  The program was suddenly stopped in the middle of a sentence to start the Roku/Door Dash ad, which ran for about 10 seconds, and then BEFORE the ad finished, the program resumed.  This is an unresolved problem.  Thank you.

0 Kudos
deepseer
Binge Watcher

Jump to solution

We have the same frustrating issue.

So far, we see this problem only occurring on CHAN 4158 KIRO7 Seattle News. The Version/Build does not show up anywhere when pressing the * button after selecting the channel on the home screen.

Device Model: 3941RW - Roku Express 4K+

Serial Number: X0160060AML6 (I assume these are zeros and not the letter Oh)

Device ID: S0AH2170AML6 (I assume these are zeros and not the letter Oh)

Software O/S Version: 12.0.0 - build 4184-CR

0 Kudos
glennm61

Jump to solution

Agree and the answer Roku gave is BS plain and simple. It did not happen when I first got the ROKU and for the several years after. This just started maybe a month ago. It is very annoying especially watching live news shows. I'm getting to the point of getting rid of the ROKU and looking into another streaming service.

DavidAlexander
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

My hope is Roku will monitor this “community” and listen to the constructive criticism. These fellows need to get the message that the woke commercials and promotions have got to go too! There are other platforms. 

0 Kudos