Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
qwain76
Reel Rookie

Channels not working after “can’t run channel message”

My roku worked flawlessly for years. Yesterday I accidentally pushed the reset button on the side and now I am having lots of issues.

Many channels (Paramount+, CBS, Roku Channel) did not load and gave me the “Can’t run channel” message (could not be reinstalled from network).

I followed all the steps suggested on the forum (update software, restart device, restart router, delete app, restart device and reinstall app).

Now the reinstalled apps open but after a fraction of a second the screen goes black and nothing happens.

What should I do?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuLianna
Retired Moderator

Re: Channels not working after “can’t run channel message”

Hi @qwain76

Welcome to the Roku Community!

Do you get an error message when you try to access the channels installed on your Roku device? Could you tell us how your Roku device is powered? Is it plugged into the TV's USB port or a power outlet? In some instances, the TV's USB power is insufficient to power the device. Running your Roku device with insufficient power can result in instability, crashes, and other unpredictable behavior, even if it appears to be operating normally.

Using the included power cord and power adapter, we suggest plugging your Roku into a working power outlet in the wall. Powering it through a power outlet in the wall has the additional advantage that your Roku player will not need to power up every time you turn on your TV. This means your Roku player will be up and running faster than it would be connected to a TV.

Please keep us posted and we'll continue assisting you from there.

Warm Regards, 
Lianna

0 Kudos
qwain76
Reel Rookie

Thanks for your prompt reply.

The Roku is powered by the provided Roku power supply and cable. I tried to change cable but same behavior.

just FYI, when the screen goes black the device does not lose power. If i put the home button it goes back to the home screen.

Other apps (Netflix, Prime Video) are still working fine. The issue affected only some apps (Paramount +, CBS, Roku Channel)

My device serial #  is A7174P043442

0 Kudos
qwain76
Reel Rookie

Also regarding your error message question: I initially was getting the “Can’t run channel” error message.

”Paramount+” could not be run because it could not be reinstalled from the network. Please check your network connection and try again.

Network was fine. Then I deleted and reinstalled the app and now ai get the black screen.

0 Kudos
RokuKarla
Retired Moderator

Thanks for the follow-up @qwain76

If you are still unable to play videos from one channel after attempting the suggestions by @RokuLianna, videos from other channels play fine, we suggest that you to contact the channel provider's customer support team to report the issue and get help. Channels on Roku are maintained by the channel developer themselves. In this case, there's likely an issue within that specific channel that needs to be addressed with an update from the channel developer.

You can reach Paramount Plus support here.

Regards,
Karla

0 Kudos