Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Bam-Bam
Roku Guru

Re: Channels continue to crash

And another crash after watching for only about 5 minutes and it took 20 minutes to reboot.

Issue ID: 5A-070-629  (after it rebooted, I started another video and then quickly went to the report tracker, so shouldn't be too far off.)

I've been dealing with this for a YEAR now.  What is happening to fix it?

0 Kudos
Bam-Bam
Roku Guru

This time, only the channel crashed and went back to the main screen.

Issue ID: 5A-072-132

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Bam-Bam

Thanks for the posts.

Please be aware that as previously stated, the appropriate Roku team is currently investigating the issue and we will provide an update to this Community thread once more information is available. 

We appreciate your patience in the meantime.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Bam-Bam
Roku Guru

Recently installed a channel and the Roku crashed after only a few minutes of use.

Issue ID: 5A-076-333

0 Kudos
Bam-Bam
Roku Guru

@RokuDanny-R  - I've been dealing with this for over a year now and have been asking for a resolution.  I've been more than patient.  Continuing to say that "the appropriate Roku team is currently investigating the issue and we will provide an update" doesn't help.  (At this point, "the check is in the mail" joke applies.)  Originally I was routed to the other thread, then after months, was told that the issue was resolved.  Yet I continue to have the same symptoms and had to start yet another thread and am being told that it's being looked into.  Even this thread is six weeks old and I haven't received any information.

Even as I was typing this up, the app crashed (not the entire Roku this time) and went back to the home page.  

Issue ID: 5A-076-362

And after restarting the channel, the entire Roku crashed after a couple of minutes.

Issue ID: 5A-076-398

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Bam-Bam

Thanks for the follow up.

Please be aware that the appropriate Roku team is still investigating this issue and I have no updates to provide at the current time. Rest assured that once more information is available, I'll be sure to update this Community thread.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Bam-Bam
Roku Guru

Issue ID: 5A-079-172

0 Kudos
Bam-Bam
Roku Guru

Issue ID: 5A-079-198

0 Kudos
Bam-Bam
Roku Guru

Issue ID: 5A-080-395

0 Kudos
Bam-Bam
Roku Guru

I waited a couple of more weeks for someone to work on this, but still no response.  Roku continues to crash daily.  Started it up and while the channel was loading (not even playing a video), it crashed.

Issue ID: 5A-099-387

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.