Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Roon
Reel Rookie

Channel available on Roku website but not on Roku app (on Samsung TV)

Jump to solution

An app (KHOU-11 tv) offered on the Roku website has been added to my Roku account.  However, the Roku app on my Samsung TV cannot find it and tells me in a search that no such channel exists.  I've used the Settings to update any files but, according to the result, no files needed updating.    Can the app on my Samsung for Roku be manually reinstalled so it shows the KHOU-11 app on my TV just as it shows in the Roku channels on the Roku website? 

0 Kudos
3 Solutions

Accepted Solutions
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Channel available on Roku website but not on Roku app (on Samsung TV)

Jump to solution

Hi @Roon,

Congrats on your first post in the Roku Community!

We understand you are having difficulties streaming a certain channel on your Samsung TV.

Please be aware that premium subscriptions on The Roku Channel are only available on the Roku streaming devices, web, and mobile, except on Samsung TVs and Amazon Fire TV devices.

For more information, read about How to get The Roku Channel | Official Roku Support

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Roon, "The Roku Channel" on your Samsung TV is not a substitute for an actual Roku device.  If you've discovered a "channel" (most people would call them apps) like this in the Roku Channel Store that doesn't mean you can get it via "The Roku Channel" app on a non-Roku device.  If you want to have access to everything available via a Roku device you'll have to connect a Roku device to your TV.

If, on the other hand, you're referring to something that's available via "The Roku Channel" on one device that isn't available via "The Roku Channel" on another device then that's something different.  I just searched "The Roku Channel" for KHOU and didn't find anything, so I assume it's the KHOU channel/app you're speaking of which won't be available without an actual Roku device.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.

Roon
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

renojim, thank you. It's unfortunate that this isn't made clear on the Roku website on the pages advertising the apps that are only available for Roku devices. I have and have had several Roku devices and don't understand the reasoning preventing the channel from being accessible to Samsung users and to make it such a mystery.

0 Kudos
5 REPLIES 5
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Roon,

Congrats on your first post in the Roku Community!

We understand you are having difficulties streaming a certain channel on your Samsung TV.

Please be aware that premium subscriptions on The Roku Channel are only available on the Roku streaming devices, web, and mobile, except on Samsung TVs and Amazon Fire TV devices.

For more information, read about How to get The Roku Channel | Official Roku Support

If you have any other questions or concerns, please let us know.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Roon
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

Thanks, Mary, but the channel I'm looking for is not a "premium" channel and since my TV is a Samsung which, in a search, offers every other Roku non-premium channel, there seems to be some glitch preventing the KHOU-11 channel from showing up in a search.   (Again, it shows up in the online web search.)  I am hoping someone at Roku can confirm what I'm writing and find out why it's missing from the Samsung app.  Thanks.

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

@Roon, "The Roku Channel" on your Samsung TV is not a substitute for an actual Roku device.  If you've discovered a "channel" (most people would call them apps) like this in the Roku Channel Store that doesn't mean you can get it via "The Roku Channel" app on a non-Roku device.  If you want to have access to everything available via a Roku device you'll have to connect a Roku device to your TV.

If, on the other hand, you're referring to something that's available via "The Roku Channel" on one device that isn't available via "The Roku Channel" on another device then that's something different.  I just searched "The Roku Channel" for KHOU and didn't find anything, so I assume it's the KHOU channel/app you're speaking of which won't be available without an actual Roku device.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
Roon
Reel Rookie

Jump to solution

renojim, thank you. It's unfortunate that this isn't made clear on the Roku website on the pages advertising the apps that are only available for Roku devices. I have and have had several Roku devices and don't understand the reasoning preventing the channel from being accessible to Samsung users and to make it such a mystery.

0 Kudos

Jump to solution
2 / 2

Yes, it's possible that the Roku app on your Samsung TV might need to be manually reinstalled to display the KHOU-11 app. Sometimes, apps may not sync automatically between different Roku devices. Here's a simple step-by-step guide to try and resolve the issue

1. Uninstall the Roku app on your Samsung TV: Go to the home screen on your Samsung TV, navigate to the Roku app, highlight it, press the Options or Tools button on your remote, and select "Remove" or Delete.

2. Restart your Samsung TV: Turn off your TV, unplug it from the power source for a few seconds, and then plug it back in. Turn on the TV again.

3. Reinstall the Roku app on your Samsung TV Access the app store on your Samsung TV, search for the Roku app, and install it.

4. Sign in to your Roku account: Once the Roku app is installed, sign in to your Roku account using the same credentials as the one you used on the Roku website https://resizeimageto50kb.com/

0 Kudos