Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
reson46

Re: Channel Icons Are Very Small Now

Need the small icons back.  The large icons are hideous.

There is no option to change the icon size, even after several restarts.  This needs to be an option for everyone.  I would even like a 5x5 option.

Roku, why would you add a icon size option and then almost immediately remove it?

0 Kudos
WongJ56

Ditto...my dad is complaining about the small icons. Please fix to have both options for seniors. 

0 Kudos

Please offer selectable icon size, we should be able to choose the option that suits us best.

Greeniewolf
Reel Rookie

For all of you asking for a choice: it’s already there in settings.  Go to settings -> Home Screen -> tile size.  Its been there through two updates now.  Maybe try looking for it??

0 Kudos
RP08
Binge Watcher

@Greeniewolf it WAS there. I even had it on mine, but a day or 2 later it disappeared from that menu, as others have said.

vlv
Reel Rookie

I appreciate the info however it is not an option on any of our Roku devices. I am glad that you have that option; it would be nice if Roku offered it to its entire community. 

Bismarck318
Roku Guru

@RP08 

My option is currently in both devices, though I see the one was last updated on 11/5/23, yet I have checked since, so it was on a later update.

For those of you that had this feature appear & disappear, is the device loading on every Reboot then?  I have also seen features/changes come, go then reappear later.    

I have also noted some other browsing features appearing.

Also for those of you who sort icons with the * key,  there is an option to move an icon to the top now, but the reporting a bad app feature has disappeared.  

0 Kudos

The channel logos have always been way too small. I have to stand next to the TV to read them. Please ENLARGE!!!!

0 Kudos
CherieBaby

I actually love and prefer the smaller icons BUT there should definitely be an additional USER OPTION to change the settings to larger interface when necessary. I have older relatives that visit and this smaller option would definitely not work for them. If this is something “asked for” why not build these options into settings so all customers can make the decisions instead of forcing on everyone-including those who didn’t ask for nor want it? All this could have been avoided and eliminated had Roku simply made this as an optional interface view available in the icons and theme settings.

0 Kudos
aggies86
Channel Surfer

It wouldn't be so bad if the icons fully showed up correctly but in my LG OLED TV it's partially showing the icons and the big featured selection rectangle on the right doesn't even show anything but a sliver of a partial view. Totally messed up.  Have always reboot my Roku to get it to display the menus and icons correctly. If you're going beta something, ya might give us an opt out at least. 

0 Kudos