Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CraigRaz
Reel Rookie

Re: Channel Icons Are Very Small Now

Anyway to get it back to 4x4? Prefer the smaller icons.

0 Kudos
Bismarck318
Roku Guru

@CraigRaz The other day I turned one of my units on, it came up as 3x3, after watching something for a couple hours, & returning to home it went back to 4x4.

I'm used to the 4x4 format, but really would not want the tiles to be any smaller.

There would need to be an option on this in the home screen options area in the left scroll down menu. 

Kerinbot
Channel Surfer

So when are you going to either change it back or give us the option to toggle back and forth on size? I think it's pretty Universal that people hate this change.

Kerinbot
Channel Surfer

If this bug labeled as a feature is part of the new update that I want to go back to the previous version. Is it possible to revert to a previous version because there's absolutely nothing in the update that is valuable to me and much that is bad! In fact I want to go back to the system version 1 or 2 before that, before the disappearing icons issue came up!

I think maybe you need some new programers, because it seems to me that all the updates are making things worse rather than better.

Stop fixing things that don't need to be fixed, and breaking things that used to work!

Kerinbot
Channel Surfer

Basically this new change is discriminatory to those with vision issues. I wonder if a case could be made that this is discriminatory and require an option to change back to former versions of the system where we could still use our TVs properly? We are being denied service with this change!

Kerinbot
Channel Surfer

Thank you for saying that you find our feedback valuable and yet I'm just seeing multiple messages saying gosh your opinions are valuable to us but absolutely no changes being made and it's been a while now! We don't want to have you change a bunch of other unrelated issues that aren't bothering us. We would like you to let the people in control of our quality of life essentially to fix what they have broken and to do it quickly as we've already had to deal with this for a while now! It's annoying to have to get other people to help make selections or to have to get up and down to move right up next to the TV screen every single time you want to change the channel! Everyone else gets to use this Nifty device called a remote! I strongly feel that this is discrimination against people with vision issues!

Class Action Suit, anyone?!!!

Kerinbot
Channel Surfer

I agree with everyone who is unhappy with this change and I feel it is discriminatory against people with vision issues. They try to pretend they're all about options and customer satisfaction and accessibility options and yet they do this before they consider adding programming to let people switch back if they are negatively affected. It is annoying to have to get someone with better vision to help make changes or to have to get up every time to put your face closer to the TV every time you want to change a channel.

This is effectively a Denial of Service issue. It has been mentioned for some time that there is going to be an option to switch between icon setups, and yet it continues to not materialize. 

Class Action Suit, anyone?

RP08
Binge Watcher

Initiated a new update today to 12.5 build 4175. For a split second on the startup, I was back to the 3x3. But it quickly went back to the 4x4. Rollercoaster of emotions in all of 10 seconds. Searched through every setting, and still cannot change it back...c'mon Roku. 

Another thing I noticed is the icons on the Live TV tab are MASSIVE. They take up half the screen. Roku is having some major issues!!

0 Kudos
RokuJanadeeK
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

We sincerely apologize for this experience, @RP08.

We'll make sure to inform our appropriate team about this issue with the new update. We'll appreciate your patience and understanding in the meantime.

For more feedback and observations on the latest update, please leave it here in the thread for our team to review.

Thank you,
Janadee

Nadee K.
Roku Community Moderator
Bismarck318
Roku Guru

I wouldn't go as far as saying I "hate" this change, though a Software switch in the home screen options area would be nice for those with vision issues. 

To play the devils advocate here, I would say to exercise some patience with these changes.  I test software, & I know these changes can't be developed on a drop of a dime either, & other items get broken on implementation.  I'm sure someone working on it.   ..... they are, aren't they?