Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
xchanzyx
Channel Surfer

Cast Credit and Wrong Version Issues

Does anyone know how to report issues where the wrong actor is credited? I just looked up one and it lists a movie that has an actor with the same name listed. I've also seen this with movies and shows that are remade in a different country. 

0 Kudos
16 REPLIES 16
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Re: Cast Credit and Wrong Version Issues

What does this have to do with Roku?

0 Kudos
xchanzyx
Channel Surfer

It happens via the search functionality in Roku. They are not misaligned in the actual film or show but rather how Roku is linking them. 

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

Can you please provide an example of what you’re speaking of?

0 Kudos
xchanzyx
Channel Surfer

Sure. I searched Andy Biersack (also known as Andy Black) and it showed this movie from 2011, Young Hearts Run Free. However this Andy pictured is not in that movie. There is an British Andy Black in the movie who has a few other credits as well, but he is not the same person. Screenshot_20220422-135231.png

Another example of this was the TV show Secrets and Lies, if you selected the US version with Ryan Phillippee on the free streaming service it would bring you to the original Australian version instead. 

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

So you’re doing this through the Roku Remote Control app on your phone? There are actually 4 movies listed under that actors name. Andy Biersack. Well ok then movie you mentioned “Young hearts run free” I see the same picture on other websites. Here is a link from Rotten Tomatoes 

https://www.rottentomatoes.com/m/young_hearts_run_free_2009

0 Kudos
xchanzyx
Channel Surfer

I was actually doing it through the device on my tv but screenshot it in the phone app to have an example. Also if you look up the film on IMDB you'll see it is a completely different person that's actually in the film. Which I can verify as I did start to watch it. 

0 Kudos
xchanzyx
Channel Surfer

As for the other 3 credits. The first one is a live concert of Andy's band, the second is a movie he starred in, and the third is a prime series which is a sequel to American Satan. 3 of the 4 are correct, which is why I thought the first one may be as well. But it is not. 

0 Kudos
Ello2022
Roku Guru

@xchanzyx  In all honesty do you think this is a big deal? I don’t think Andy Biersack is going to file a suit against Roku. Just sit back and entire streaming. Have a good day. That screen shot you posted isn’t from your TV. Its from the Roku Remote Control app on your phone? 
This is from the Roku Remote Control appThis is from the Roku Remote Control app

0 Kudos
xchanzyx
Channel Surfer

I literally said I took the screenshot in the app on my phone but it occurs both places. I also never said he'd sue. But rather I wanted to alert them to the issue so they could fix it so other people didn't run into the same issue. I came on here to see if anyone knew how to report it. 

0 Kudos