Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Haines
Reel Rookie

Cannot change channels or raise channel guide

I have a Roku TV model TCL 32S3750. The TV can display antenna TV stations and change them with the remote, but for cable the TV is stuck on just one channel. When I try enter another channel on the remote or try to raise the channel guide nothing happens. 

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
Haines
Reel Rookie

Re: Cannot change channels or raise channel guide

It seems my question did not invite answers. The Roku TV works with streaming media and antenna TV, but for cable is stuck on one channel. It did not help to replace remote batteries. The wireless connection is OK and I reset the TV to its factory settings. Is my TV simply broken and thus should be replaced?

0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

Is the cable TV coming though a cable box?  Are you using the cable box remote?

0 Kudos
Rita51

I have the same problem, yesterday cable remote stopped working so got a new one and now can't change channels at all.  HELP!!!!!!  

0 Kudos
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

@Rita51 wrote:

I have the same problem, yesterday cable remote stopped working so got a new one and now can't change channels at all.  HELP!!!!!!  

Give us a little more information about your setup.

Do you have a TV with a Roku device attached and a cable box attached?

Or do you have a Roku TV (manufactured by one of a number of TV makers with Roku software built in) and have a cable box attached to that?

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos