I'm experiencing that as well on the system that was fixed with the factory reset. From this end it seems as if the audio is working as expected but (CC) has failed.
I suggest that as Roku troubleshoots, they may find, or try various solutions. So, I suggest that everyone try the factory reset and report the change in behavior. Is it wotking after, or if so what, and if not then what. Repot any errors, and I'm also reporting if any errors occur from the moment that you click Play in case the hack (or exploit) is in the ad or brand - station ID sream after cclicking Play . This may help. Also newcomers to the thread should list the model number of the Roku device affected. Just remember to Factory reset if it glitches to reset and report if that helps even if it's temporary. A lot to do, but they can't fix it till they find it. Any info you provide might help. Which shows or show is affected, any errors or non-normal behavior. Or primary audio language, if that is or is not working, closed captioning, and language, and if that is or is not working.
Thank you and good luck.
For example, my (cc)closed captioning has failed, I use English but it's German, and picking German is also German but primary audio is working so I will factory reset, and try again.
I don't think Roku can guarantee that the Factory Reset will fix this at this time. I have a lot of other apps on Roku and hate doing this; but, it "might" fix it and I would try it; I have one newer model that it helped with Audio, but still having (CC) problems. (I've turned it off) If you've not done a factory reset, the biggest step to remember is to pair your remote when it first comes on after Factory Reset. (Remove battery cover, and press red button for 5 seconds to pair, when it asks you to do this. )
Since I do not not think this problem starts inside your Roku, I believe that it happens during the stream (I could be wrong) Factory reset clears your system, and IF the cause has been fixed, or partially fixed, a Factory rest may be the only way to find out if it's still happening. If you don't, then this will most likely not go away. I would do the Factory reset, and only load as few of your apps at first, till you see if it's worth while having them all.. if you have OK internet, most of these will be able to be load quickly, and account restored quickly by syncing using your phone via internet. (The Roku provides a scan code to get to the right site, and if your phone keeps the passwords (Google) then you will recover quickly. Otherwise they will need to be restored manually by providing password. I Factory reset only once, and have been giving them some time to find and fix the issue; from responses here, it appears they are working on the issue.) It will require both Roku and Paramount plus to work together so we need to be patient. (No, I do not work for either of these companies, I'm a customer like you... just a savvy computer guy! 😉
Good luck! I will do a Factory reset again after Thanksgiving, or on Monday to see if the problem is fixed yet. I'm sure it will take a little time especially if they have to push out an update to remedy the issue.
Welcome to the bug club, more new people every day! 😞
I suspect that this is a bug in the Paramount Plus app on Roku rather than a Roku bug. I doubt factory reset will do anything to fix it. From what I see the Deutsch language has been set to index 0 in the language list so it is default. It does not select the default language from Roku. And it doesn't persist user language preferences.
Here's a link to the first issue I posted, if you want to read this... Well, they could be right; but in a way they are wrong too.... the apps by various companies like Paramount are mostly stand alone. In this case though, Paramount uses Roku's language selection and (cc) options to display. That said, the audio and (CC) come from paramount. Roku does need to be involved because obviously it's affecting paramount. This may only be due to the fact that paramount is getting the wrong information to determine the language settings. In this case, it is a Roku issue... if that has been modified. It does not appear to be the case, it's even show selective, and not all shows on Paramount that are being affected. However, it is being affected differently depending upon individual Rokus, even in my own house. IOW, for one, the Factory Reset worked, for the other, Factory Reset didn't work, or only worked until I started streaming. On the first, my audio is still in English (my preference for Audio and (CC); but the (CC) is not working.
So, while finger pointing is *not* productive, when troubleshooting, it is necessary. You should be ALSO, talking to Paramount because THEY need to know also! Believe me, if I could point a finger I would. But, the systems to work together... Paramount uses the codes needed for Roku support of their app, in the Roku device... so of course Roku is involved. The question is how much. They don't tell me everything. But, they are *also* working on the issue, probably with Paramount.
However, no matter whose fault it is... we will probably need a factory reset to fix it, or maybe not. Maybe Paramount will be able to push out an update to fix the issue; however, it is NOT affecting everyone. So, there you go... it's complicated, and weird. Not everyone, not every show, and not always the same symptoms... some Audio, some Closed Captioning, some both. Different shows. Not Android TV, not browser. So, whose fault... Well, I don't care about fault. I just care about finding out what's wrong, and getting it fixed. 🙂 So, again, finger pointing doesn't help; but, contacting Paramount too, will! 🙂 Hope this helps! Chip