Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Kenbarbdae

Re: Closed caption shows up in German instead of English while watching Star Trek

I have a roku express 4k and a similar problem occurs.  While watching The Orville on Hulu the closed captioning will revert from English to Spanish after certain commercials.  I have not tried any reset procedures as of yet but I did want to chime it that the glitch occurs beyond Paramount programming.

0 Kudos
oreokay

Re: Captions not staying on English on Paramount+

Same here. For each episode of Blue Bloods, Roku has started switching closed captions to Dutch. It also completely drops the sound frequently when coming back to the channel, i have to hit the home button & go back to paramount plus to see if the sound is back (can hear the sounds outside of the channel) & if not i have to restart. Lastly, just a few minutes ago pp totally shut itself down for no reason. That's new 😡

0 Kudos
Cspurgeon

Re: Captions not staying on English

Im having the same problem. But it’s not just Star Trek. It’s happening on every show I have been watching so far (Blue Bloods, Star Trek TNG/DS9/VOY, NCIS, The Good Wife). CC languages change to German with each new episode, even after turning it back to English. 

TCL Roku TV Model C165X

Software Version: 11.5.0.4235

Paramount+ App Version: 7.8 Build 20221109

0 Kudos
ZenMasterChip
Streaming Star

This is going to be my final post...  Everything is fixed on my end.  Both audio and (CC) are in the selected language.  The only thing I'm going to leave with is that if it's not fixed on your end, you will need to both tell Paramount (call them), and post to Roku by starting your own thread.  But, before you do that I suggest doing a Factory Reset... at the very least, the hack did something to Roku.  At first this did not fixe the issue;but, as the issue was resolved over time, perhaps it's a good idea to do this for your machine in case anything was dmaged in the code by the hack... I know this worked for me, eventually.  But, I started with the Factory reset, and then kept checking to see if it worked.  For me first audio was in the right language, then a day or two later, (CC) was working correctly. 
When you make your own Thread in ROKU, do list your equipment and model number.  I too had problems creating the tracking #, but in the end I didn't need it. 

Good luck everyone, I am no longer having this issue!
ZMC

0 Kudos
mrsphalanx
Reel Rookie

Re: Closed caption shows up in German instead of English while watching Star Trek

Odd that you're also experiencing it with Paramount+

0 Kudos
mrsphalanx
Reel Rookie

Danny,

Thank you for your reply.

Your requested information:

4664RW - Roku Ultra LT

YJ0045822194

11.5.0 - build 4235-46

Device ID: 0460A4822194

It happens with Paramount+ specifically. Regardless of the show or movie I launch.

Paramount+ 7.8 Build 20221109

----

Issue ID 94-476-928

----

I can repeat the issue by launching Paramount+ and playing any episode of any show that offers multiple captions tracks.

0 Kudos
MsRubyTuesday
Binge Watcher

Sadly seems u have the worst of this issue.. Thanksgiving I did a factory reset on my roku box. So far has solved both my issues of the captions not being English and being frozen from coming back after it going to Screensaver mode. Not much of a pain I thought it would be.

0 Kudos
RokuDanny-R
Retired Moderator

@Phoqust @mrsphalanx

Thanks for the posts and providing us with your device information.

I have passed along your concerns and details to the appropriate Roku team to investigate further.

Thanks,
Danny

Danny R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Myomyers
Reel Rookie

Blue Bloods is German captions- starts automatically. 
THIS IS THE WORST APP EVER!! I’ve emailed them several times about various problems  things either never change or change slowly  

0 Kudos
MsRubyTuesday
Binge Watcher

I did a factory reset on the roku and have not had the issue with Paramount CC nor all the other issues I was having with roku. Such as the Screensaver and shows not continuing to next episode.. both those are fixed now.