Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Captions never work on Peacock.

Jump to solution

To be clear, I HAVE captions turned on in the Peacock app AND in the Roku settings. 

They are always turned on but they never show up no matter what I watch. I try turning them off and turning them back on, doesnt work. I leave the app and restart it, doesnt work. I try updating the app, doesnt work. It used to be that the captions would be on there like every other episode but they are just not on there at all anymore. 

They work just fine on my phone and my laptop but not my Hisense roku. Any ideas what to do? I have searched all different posts on here and on reddit and they all just explain how to turn on captions.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
edroksense
Roku Guru

Re: Captions never work on Peacock.

Jump to solution
  • Settings > Accessibility > Captions mode and make sure it's set to "On."
  • Make sure that the closed caption settings are enabled for each individual channel.

Use tv remote to do this.

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
2 REPLIES 2
edroksense
Roku Guru

Jump to solution
  • Settings > Accessibility > Captions mode and make sure it's set to "On."
  • Make sure that the closed caption settings are enabled for each individual channel.

Use tv remote to do this.

0 Kudos
denhow
Roku Guru

Jump to solution

Yes this definitely a Peacock problem. The trick that works for me is to first switch the captions to a different language. There's usually a Spanish option so:

*Key > Accessibility & language > Captioning track > Spanish

The captions usually start right away. In Spanish of course. Then go back and do it again to switch back to the English captioning track. That's it. The captions now switch to English and stay on.

It seems like the Peacock app doesn't notice that captions are turned on but when you switch tracks it forces the app to notice!

0 Kudos