Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Meganrutledge
Reel Rookie

Re: Cannot login to Cineplex App

When I went into "my devices" nothing showed.  I tried deleting, restarting, waiting 24 hours and still wouldn't work . 

We have 4 roku boxes so I tried logging in on another box and it worked .  Which was a pain in the ass to have to switch around all the boxes to different TVs but I paid for the movie so wanted to watch it. 

0 Kudos
KaKeem

I am having the issue. I can login from the website but not Roku TV. This started three weeks ago. Roku and Cineplex should look into the issue. An update might be needed.

0 Kudos
Lalateada

Yeah I’m not having any luck either and I’m experiencing the exact same thing with the “Failed to register new device” the weird thing is I’ve had the cineplex app on my Roku TV for years & have never logged out of it and now this.. 

In the meantime you should be able to put the movie on your phone and then cast it to the tv. 

0 Kudos
DennisA1

Experiencing same issues cannot log on to cineplex app, I’ve been trying for three days now since Christmas, I did a little digging for support and unsuccessful through their site however I did reached out to their  Facebook page and got a response and adress the issues and hopefully they can fix the issues.

0 Kudos
SherrilJ
Reel Rookie

I spoke with Cineplex help and they do have someone working on the Roku issue. She didn't have an estimate for completion, but at least they are working on it.

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi everyone,

Thanks for posting in the Roku Community!

I understand that you are all receiving an error message of "failed to register new device". For this issue, we recommend contacting Cineplex directly to follow-up for more help. They’ll be able to best assist with any issues and functionality inquiries. Many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves. 

We appreciate your patience with this matter!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
TS27

I think it is a Roku issue… as i have did the exact same thing on my Roku TV and on my Roku Premiere and the login worked on the latter. Please advise

0 Kudos
jklarke

I'm having the same issue on my Toshiba tv with the purple Roku stick. Was working fine til recently. "Failed to login"

0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @jklarke,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku community!

For more information about that channel's account authentication functionality, It's best to reach out directly to get the channel going on your Roku. They can resolve the error you are having with the channel login. Please be noted that Roku doesn't manage channel logins or authentication and many channels on Roku are developed and maintained by the channel provider themselves.

Let us know how it goes!

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
RokuMary-F
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @anahsy846,

Thanks for letting us know all that you've done!

Please make sure to follow the steps accordingly to restart your Roku device after removing the channel and before adding the channel back to ensure the process is successful.

If that still doesn't clear up the issue you're experiencing, we recommend contacting the channel provider directly to follow up for more help. They’ll be able to best assist with any issues that are occurring within their channel.
Please keep us posted on what you find out.

Best regards,
Mary

Mary F.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos