Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
dmwilson89

Cannot add or delete favorites on Xfinity Stream

Jump to solution

I am using a Roku Ultra on a Samsung TV and accessing channels through the Xfinity Stream app. When I first set up the Roku I remember I was able to go through the all channels list and select certain channels as favorites, but now I am unable to duplicate that action. When I select a channel and click *, the only options I see are Find a Channel, Filter Preferences, or Search. I don't see a way to select favorites. I've spent a couple of hours searching various websites for the solution but without success. Can anyone help me out of my dilemma? Thanks.

0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Cannot add or delete favorites on Xfinity Stream

Jump to solution

You will probably get the best answer from Xfinity. They are the ones that develop and support the channel, so if they made a change they can advise you if it's still available in some other way. 

Roku does not develop channels for 3rd parties, so really cannot advise how those channels work. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.

View solution in original post

3 REPLIES 3
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Jump to solution

You will probably get the best answer from Xfinity. They are the ones that develop and support the channel, so if they made a change they can advise you if it's still available in some other way. 

Roku does not develop channels for 3rd parties, so really cannot advise how those channels work. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
jacleve

Jump to solution

SOLVED:  I had the same issue, there is no option to favorite channels from the Roku Xfinity Stream app.  Then I pulled up the Stream app on my iPad!  When using the Live TV tab, you can click on stars beside each channel number to make it a favorite.  Within about 10 minutes all the new favorites updated on the Roku app on my TV as well.

0 Kudos
RayMoJr

Jump to solution

Try this.  Worked for me.
How to manage Favorites for Roku Stream/Xfinity.
#1 Skip the TV option. Not working. Xfinity needs to update.
#2 Sign in to Xfinity.com, go to the account drop down (face in uppper right), go to Watch TV Online, go to All Channels, click star on left to make a favorite. The Favorites will be listed immediatly online. (NOTE: Skip the Go TV Channels. Fiddled with it, but haven'y yet figured it out.)
#3 NOTE: For the TV/Roku/Xfinity Stream to update, I logged off of Xfinity online, shut down TV/Roku (I cut power). Waited about ten minutes. Went back to Xfinity and Favorites were listed.
#4 There are some shortcuts. You'll figure those out on your own.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.