Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
mleighbryant91
Reel Rookie

Cannot access my Peacock subscription I purchased through Roku

Yesterday I subscribed to Peacock to upgrade my account from the free to the $4.99 option to have more access to TV and movies. I was able to watch Parks & Rec and access other titles, everything was working great. I went to bed, and this morning I woke up still sick and wanting to keep binging some TV. However, when I click on my Peacock channel on BOTH of my Roku TVs, it asks for me to sign-in. My Roku email and passwod are not working, which is what they always say for us to try to use to login. I also went to Peacock's website since support here at Roku was WORTHLESS and told me to contact Peacock (who cannot help me since my account was created through Roku), but was unsuccessful in trying to reset or create credentials that way to try to get logged back into my Peacock channel. 

• Both of my TVs are up to date - the devices, as well as the channels.
  • It doesn't have an option for me to delete/remove the channel and re-add it, tried that as well. 
  • I have rebooted both of my Roku TVs numerous times - still not logging me into the Peacock channels

I never had this issue when I subscribed to HBO through Roku. I could even access my HBO account on my computer and had NO issues whatsoever with logging in and accessing the channel from any of my  Roku devices, and I used to have 3 devices. 

Does anyone have suggestions on how I can access/get logged back into my Peacock channel? Yeah, it's just $4.99, but I work in social services and live in Tampa Bay, so my money is stretched thin and i would like to not have to spend another $4.99 to create another account through Peacock directly, lol. 

9 REPLIES 9
DBDukes
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Cannot access my Peacock subscription I purchased through Roku

@mleighbryant91 

Others have reported issues with Peacock this morning. An online search indicates some early morning reports of issues with Peacock not specifically Roku related, but overall service related. However, those seem to have cleared up.

I suspect it was an issue that Peacock had and is now being worked, but I'm tagging @RokuDanny-R just in case.

DBDukes
Roku Community Streaming Expert
Note: I am not a Roku employee.

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
mleighbryant91
Reel Rookie

Thanks. But how do I get signed back into Peacock under my Roku subscription? When I subscribed, I didn't create any credentials or anything? I did try to create a new, free Peacock account, then on my Roku I logged in with that new account. When I clicked on upgrade, it said I already had the subscription but all of the premium content was locked... and Peacock cannot help since my purchase was through Roku. It makes no sense to me, especially since I had a Roku subscription to HBO before and never had these kinds of issues with logging in.

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@mleighbryant91 

Normally, this is where you remove the app, reboot the Roku, then reinstall the app. However, I don't think it will let you remove the app with an active subscription. You could cancel, and see if it lets you remove the app, then do the reboot then reinstall and see if that fixes it.

By the way, you did reboot your Roku already? If not, try that. Sometimes that might do it.

DBDukes

If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."

0 Kudos
mleighbryant91
Reel Rookie

Yeah, I have rebooted at least a dozen times today. I went ahead and canceled the subscription, as well, but still cannot remove the app as the subscription doesn't end until next month. 

The reboot has always been my first go-to. I have been using Roku devices for about 8 years now, so I am usually pretty savvy with them. This issue is just beyond anything I have ever experienced and has left a bad taste in my mouth with paying for subscriptions through Roku. Won't be doing that anymore, regardless of the convenience. 

0 Kudos
DBDukes

@mleighbryant91 

I understand. It's frustrating. If there is a service for which I want a subscription, I will subscribe directly and use my credentials to log in on Roku or any other device. I lose the convenience of an all-in-one subscription via Roku Pay, but I also lose the extra work for when issues arise. And issues arise.

One other thing, though, but this is simply informational, not a troubleshooting step.

When I got my Premium subscription to Peacock (the $5 plan that you also have) it took a couple of days for it to start working. Whether it was because it was free to me (it's free to Xfinity Internet users) or just Comcast taking a couple of days to set it all up, I don't know. But, on the third day, it started working. So, if you do subscribe directly, be aware that may happen.

DBDukes

0 Kudos
mleighbryant91
Reel Rookie

Thanks. It's been five days and it's still not working. When I log in, still shows I don't have premium access though my invoice and credit card statement says otherwise. Completely farce, honestly, and won't be giving Roku any more of my money. I'll be sure to subscribe directly from the source now on. And Roku support was absolutely no help when I reached out and were a bit rude, so next time I need to buy a new TV, I reckon I'll switch to a different smart TV or streaming device. Not very happy with all of this. Sure, it's $5, but the level of service I received is really the deal breaker. 
Glad you're started working though. I've tried everything and have since given up. 

0 Kudos
AeroSpaceTech
Roku Guru

It is always best to subscribe to a streaming service directly from that service. If you want Netflix go to Netflix and sign up. If you want Peacock go to the site and sign up. I have been doing this for years with every streaming service I subscribe to. I only use my Roku to stream. 

Hannah-Roku
Retired Moderator

Hi, there @mleighbryant91. This sounds like a very frustrating loop, let's see if we can break it. Are you still unable to access the premium Peacock subscription you purchased? DBDuke's recommendation for uninstalling the channel after canceling is a good one, but from what we understand, you've been unable to do so, is that right? If you're still having trouble, please let us know so that we can reach out via PM to take a look at your account. Thank you! 

0 Kudos

Well let me prepare you not to expect peacock to help you solve it I spent my entire day today being disconnected by several chatters then started sending them screenshots they were requesting of my account and from my bank account proving they charged me but I could not fix what I figured out without their help that there was a letter typo in my email address on my tv but I couldn’t change it because it wanted to send me an email to the wrong email so all I needed them to do was change the one letter in my email that I accidentally subscribed to not noticing the one letter and end the end I have to cancel my subscription then start over again so if they weren’t going to fix it why did they waste my day chasing proof to send to them I could’ve canceled it myself and started over without their wasting my day and now I’m on Roku having to cancel the subscription but Roku is not allowing me to sign out of my account so I can login to the wrong email and cancel it. Of course there’s no one on Roku to help me either but can you tell me why it won’t allow me to sign out and good luck with peacock I’m canceling and not resubscribing after today 

0 Kudos