Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Strega2
Roku Guru

Re: Can't watch Fox News on Roku -- doesn't list ROKU as a provider

Roku only requires internet.

Among the thousands of content providers available on Roku, there are a variety of business models.  One of those business models requires you to log in through a TV provider, which includes cable TV systems.  (For these channels you pay them via your TV provider subscription even when you watch them through another mechanism.)  If that’s the only payment method that some channel wants, and you don’t like that payment method, then consider other channel/apps. 

Or if you absolutely must have some channel that demands that you have a TV provider, then get one.

You’re not going to get a ~$80/month set of channels from the little box that cost you a one-time payment of ~$30.  It’s possible to save money with streaming but it’s not “magic”. 

Banned but back. Because why not?
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@Oldoaktree123, Roku is not a provider.  They build little computer boxes that connect to your TV.  Roku is no more a provider than the maker of your computer.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
MnD78
Channel Surfer

Re: Can't watch Fox News on Roku despite signing in through Dish repeatedly

I can’t even sign in with the code bc I have Starlink which isn’t even listed as a provider!!!!! 😡

0 Kudos
MnD78
Channel Surfer

Same!! I gave Starlink which of course, isn’t a listed provider!!! Beyond frustrating!! 

0 Kudos
MnD78
Channel Surfer

Right. Unfortunately, Fox News Live isn’t LIVE. Old news!! More than frustrating!!! 

0 Kudos
MnD78
Channel Surfer

Same problem!! Code doesn’t work for me bc Starlink is not on the list of providers!!! Beyond frustrating!! 

0 Kudos
MnD78
Channel Surfer

unfortunately no! I’m dealing w/the same issues. Have Starlink as my internet provider. When trying to use their “CODE”, Of course, Starlink is not even listed. 

0 Kudos
MnD78
Channel Surfer

Same using the code for me. Doesn’t work bc Starlink isn’t listed as one of their providers. 😡

0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

@MnD78, an Internet provider isn't sufficient.  You need a cable provider that you're paying and provides access to Fox News as part of your paid package.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos
Oldoaktree123
Reel Rookie

I’m beginning to realize that ROKU only allows us to watch streamed episodes of what happens live on cable tv.  Live content is recorded and then can be streamed to devices like ROKU.  I am able to watch FOX channel on a streamed format, but it is not in real time, the best I can get it is about a 20-30 minute delay.  It’s a new way to watch tv for me but I”ll take it given the money I save each month by not subscribing to cable.  I did get an external antenna (very inexpensive) I connected it myself and I get all local Boston tv stations in real time.  

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.