Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
CaliDreamer
Reel Rookie

Can’t sign in to apple tv on roku

I created an Apple ID and got that account and payment info all set up.  Browser said that my TV would refresh with me signed in, but Roku keeps going back to "Confirm with Apple ID" no matter how many times I do that with link.apple.com or with my remote.

Help!

Labels (1)
0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
CaliDreamer
Reel Rookie

Re: Can’t sign in to apple tv on roku

I finally found a solution in one of these posts.  It seems totally random and completely unrelated, but it *did* allow me to actually sign in!

There is a bug in Apple TV app causing this problem and rebooting the roku/reloading the app won't help. Sure it may help some, but many people have reported issues with the Apple TV app where most programs won't play but a random select few do.

This problem has existed for many months and why both Roku and Apple fail to acknowledge it is a mystery.

A fix has been been posted to change the HDMI audio setting. Roku has changed the menu structure so the previously posted directions can't be followed. To make the change using the new menu: 

Settings —> Audio —> Digital output format —> Custom —> Dolby

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.