Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can’t play anything on Roku Channel or Discovery+

Can’t play anything on Roku channel or discovery+. I’ve tried resetting, unplugging tv as well as checking internet; I even went so far as to factory reset it to no avail and I’m using a free trial before I start paying for subscription and I would like to be able to actually use it. I have a standard 43 inch Roku tv.

0 Kudos
7 REPLIES 7

Re: Can’t play anything on Roku channel or discovery+

https://support.roku.com/article/208757008

please read this article and follow the trouble shooting steps :

0 Kudos
RokuAnjelie
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @Fallenangelical

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We understand that you wanted to watch your Discovery+ on Roku. However, it's not working. We're sorry to hear about the experience. This is not what we aim for. Let's work on it.

1. Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button on Roku remote to open the Options menu. Select Remove track and confirm.
  2. Restart your Roku device. Press Home>Settings>System>Power. If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step, System restart.
  3. Re-install the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the track again.

Please provide the following information if the suggested steps above don't work.

• Is there an error message when attempting to stream the channel?
  • What are the steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing?
  • Are you watching Discovery+ through The Roku Channel or the standalone channel?

Please keep us posted so we can further assist you.

Thanks, 

Anjelie

Anjelie A.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
DunnF

Re: Can’t play anything on Roku Channel or Discovery+

We're having the same issue. Apparently Anjelie didn't fully read the OP's post. We CANNOT get the Roku Channel itself to load. We haven't gone through all the other channels, so I can't say if any others are having problems, but since last evening (6/26/2023) the Roku Channel hasn't worked.

0 Kudos
HarperS

having the same problem

0 Kudos
Deviousin10tion
Reel Rookie

Issue ID 5A-256-278 The Roku Channel not playing but only the Roku Channel

Same The Roku Channel will open I choose my show and it says loading and pops back up to the menu to choose an episode. Pressing the * does nothing as you can’t remove The Roku Channel.  All other channels ie Netflix Hulu and Disney+ work. 

Model:3931RW - Roku Express+

Serial:X00400AV9V5A (S01230DV9V5A)

Software version: 1.2.00 build 4184-AE

GC version: 9.3.516

Roku Express+ (3910 series)  

@RokuAnjelie @RokuDavid 

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users!

We'd appreciate the details provided about this issue going on, and we do apologise for the inconvenience this has caused.

Have you tried using an alternative network, such as a mobile hotspot, to see if you're still seeing the same issue occur?

If there's still no improvement, could you provide us the details below to help our team better identify the issue going on?

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About) mobile device brand, model, and OS
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing
  • errors that you are experiencing on screen.
  • Can you provide a video or screenshot of the issue you're experiencing (if possible)?

We will be looking forwards to your update. Thanks!

Regards,

Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
NoirAngelique
Channel Surfer

I have the exact same issues and this solution does absolutely nothing to fix it.  Could someone actually research this growing problem and fix it on Roku's end where it clearly lies?  I'm paying for a Discovery+ subscription I cannot use. Never again will I get a subscription through Roku when I can get it standalone. I canceled my subscription so that I could uninstall and reinstall D+ and I STILL cannot do that, so I can't even TRY that solution. But given the Roku Channel has the same issue, I seriously doubt that would solve anything, either. Now I have to wait nearly a month for the current paid period to end so I can uninstall and reinstall as standalone. How can Roku look at that and be fine with it? This is completely ridiculous and unacceptable.

0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.