Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Sararoberts85
Reel Rookie

Can't get any of my favourite channels

Just purchased a Roku express, after 3 hours i am ready to throw it out the window. Cannot get any uk programmes, no itv hub, no bbc iplayer. Gutted what a waste of money can anyone help. Have reset it tried 2 different email addresses, one being a co.uk and still nothing. Have not pressed i want U.S all details filled in U.K

0 Kudos
3 REPLIES 3
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

Re: Can't get any of my favourite channels

Many channels available on Roku are geo-restricted on where they will work. For example, you mention BBC iPlayer. That will only work on Roku devices the BBC approves (they don't permit their channel on all models of Roku devices), the Roku user account must be based in the UK, and the device itself must be located in the UK. These are not Roku restrictions. They are put in place by the channel provider, in this case the BBC. If you're in the US, the only channel we get is BBC America, which requires a subscription to use.

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
Sararoberts85
Reel Rookie

Thank you for your reply, i am based in Wales U.K the stick was purchased from a U.K shop and i have a .co.uk email address to register genuiely baffled, front of the box shows all the channels i want. Channel 4, itv, etc but cannot locate any of them

0 Kudos
atc98092
Community Streaming Expert

What model Roku do you have? I've seen reports of BBC only allowing their channels on very specific models, although I personally don't know what those models are. I do know that the Ultra is not supported, since Roku doesn't officially offer that player in the UK. 

Dan

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee, just another user.
0 Kudos