Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
Deadbeat-Native
Binge Watcher

How do i permanently block and/or disable Disney+?

How do I prevent DISNEY+ channel from being added back to my device everytime I delete it?

So far I have removed DISNEY+ from my Roku seventeen times tonight and within 10 minutes what ever program I am streaming it gets interrupted to perform a "Updating Channels" when Disney+ is reinstalled to my device without authorization or permission.

This same behavior holds true for ESPN, HULU, AppleTV, and Crackle.

No matter how  many times I remove the channels they get reinstalled within  minutes.

How do I make this stop?

Or better yet what IP addresses or domains do i need to block to prevent the Roku from ever connecting to these channels?

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
makaiguy
Community Streaming Expert

Re: How do i permanently block and/or disable Disney+?

First thing I would do is log into my account at https://my.roku.com and set a PIN for the account. While there, designate that the PIN will be required to add a channel.

Roku Community Streaming Expert
I am not a Roku employee, only a user like you.  Please, no support questions via private message -- post them publicly to the Community where others may benefit as well.
If this post solves your problem please help others find this answer by clicking "Accept as Solution.".

Streaming Stick 4K+ 3821 | Streaming Stick+ 3810 | TCL Roku TV 43S245/C107X
0 Kudos
Deadbeat-Native
Binge Watcher

I setup a PIN years ago, I even change the PIN and account password regularly.

Good question, why didn't that prevent Disney+ from being added the first time?

Was it force added in the last firmware update?

Going to check and reset my PIN & P/W.

0 Kudos
Deadbeat-Native
Binge Watcher

Well jump ahead to May 2022 and I am still experiencing this same problem; however, since the OS11 update this problem has escalated to a new level.

Now on the Roku Premiere+ (4630 series) when I select the Disney+ app on the screen then click the options button '*' then select 'Remove Channel.'  These steps immediately initiate a Factory Reset

Note: On my Roku HD (2500 series) which did not get the OS 11 update this behavior is not present.

I also have the same issue when I try to remove these three channels - AppleTV, Discovery+, and AMC+

• I did not choose to install any of those four channels.
  • I did not give permission to install any of those channels.
  • I was not prompted about installation of any of these channels.
  • I DID NOT PROVIDE MY ACCOUNT PIN NUMBER TO ALLOW THESE INSTALLATIONS.
0 Kudos
renojim
Community Streaming Expert

Your Roku HD 2500 is no longer supported and won't get updates of any kind.

As for your Premiere+, are you certain it's linked to the Roku account you think it is?  Check the email address that's displayed under Settings->System->About.  What you're seeing shouldn't be happening, but it's also possible to add channels via the website and no PIN would be necessary, so perhaps someone else has access to your account?

The factory reset thing is something that @RokuDanny-R may want to collect more information about.  And just to be clear, when you say "Factory Reset" you mean that it's rebooting to the initial setup where you have to select your language and not just restarting, although either is bad.

Roku Community Streaming Expert

Help others find this answer and click "Accept as Solution."
If you appreciate my answer, maybe give me a Kudo.

I am not a Roku employee.
0 Kudos