Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
jwcliff

Re: os 11.0 build 4168-91 "channels could not be run because it could not be reinstalled from n

Jump to solution

Hi I have 4 Roku sticks on various tv's in my house.  Three of them work fine but recently one of the Roku's Model # 3810X developed a problem in that it would not turn off the TV.  I was able to eventually shut down the TV but now on every streaming app I get the above message  "can't run channel."  I tried all the ususal methods of resetting the Roku, router, etc. to no avail.  Any suggestions?

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: os 11.0 build 4168-91 "channels could not be run because it could not be reinstalled from n

Jump to solution

Hi @jwcliff,

A warm welcome here in the Roku Community!

Thank you for reaching us about this and for sharing this behavior observed with your Roku streaming device playback issue.

We'd like to learn more about this so that we can better isolate the case.

Let us know...

• When did you start seeing the issue occur?
  • Is this an issue observed in internment?
  • Does this affect all the channels across the platform?

Tell us more about this so that we can further zoom in on it.

Thanks,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Hirschee44

Jump to solution

I’m still getting the error code when trying to get the creative veinz channel 

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Jump to solution

Hi @Hirschee44,

Welcome to the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear about the experience of receiving an error message when trying to stream on a channel. We'd like to know how to identify and resolve this issue. Does the issue only occur on a specific channel or all the channels installed on your Roku device? Can you please specify the steps you are taking to reproduce this issue so we can investigate further?

In addition, have you tried to restart your Roku device to see if it helps? To restart, please navigate to Settings > System > Power > System restart (if you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step).

With more detailed information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
CHelm

Jump to solution

I am receiving the “Can’t run channel” message. I have reset, turned on and off, and checked the connect numerous times. 

0 Kudos
wsanders1
Channel Surfer

"channel could not be run because it could not be reinstalled"

Jump to solution

Roku down at 1345 PDT 5/7/24 in SF Bay Area. Downdetector.com seems to concur. 

download.png

0 Kudos
Sfrazier1

Jump to solution

Updating software did not work

0 Kudos