Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
NateNEmery
Reel Rookie

Showtime: "Is not available or has expired" Error

I am unable to watch any shows or episodes on Showtime on The Roku Channel.

Every attempt results in the "Cannot access program" "_____ is not available or has expired" error.

RokuTV C203X

Hisense 58R7+

Serial# X00100G6W2AW

Device ID S0278056W2AW

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: Showtime: "Is not available or has expired" Error

Hi @NateNEmery

Thanks for bringing this to our attention.

We would recommend removing The Roku Channel first then re-install it. To ensure the process is successful, follow the steps below making sure you restart your Roku device before adding the channel again.

1. Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button to open the options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
  2. Restart your Roku device: Restart the device from the settings menu. Go to Settings > System > Power > System restart > Restart.
  3. Re-install the channel: After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
NateNEmery
Reel Rookie

The * menu does not have an option for removing the channel. I had the same result when I searched for "The Roku Channel" and selected it in the results. No option for removal. Any other ideas?

20210705_212125[1].jpg

0 Kudos
heather_lincoln
Reel Rookie

Re: Can't Access Program/Is not available or has expired Error

I’m having the same exact issue with a different model tv but with the Roku channel no one helps they just ask questions they do not offer a solution I’m not a happy Roku customer

0 Kudos
heather_lincoln
Reel Rookie

Same issue here I did all you did and it’s still broken smh

RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

@NateNEmery @heather_lincoln

Please provide us the following information for further investigation:

-Roku device model
-Serial number
-Device ID
-Software OS/version
(these can all be found in Settings > System > About)
-Channel version/build (this can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button)
-Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times)
-Steps to reproduce the issue you are seeing

With more information, we will be able to assist you further.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Donkeycorn
Reel Rookie

This is the dumbest thing ever. I have the same problem as everyone else here, and yet, nobody is able to help? The roku channel will not play anything.  All titles display the message saying it isn't available or has expired. If anyone here comes up with a solution,  can you please email me at donkeycorn@gmail.com 

In the meantime, I would not reccomend anybody send roku anymore of your money. They obviously cannot fix their issues. 

Thanks

Mdodson78

I am having the same problem with the Roku Channel. Sometimes it does the cannot access program in middle of watching the program. I have check for updates I restarted my Roku box. My model number is 3100 x - Roku 2 Xs software version 9. 1. 0 build 5009 - 02 if there's any other information you would like for me please let me know

0 Kudos
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Hi @Mdodson78

Thanks for reaching out!

Does the issue only occur on The Roku Channel or across other channels installed on your Roku device?

If you haven't tried yet, you can remove the affected channel then re-install it. To ensure the process is successful, make sure to restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings System System restart > Restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Please keep us posted.

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
TCManager
Reel Rookie

"Not available or has expired" comes up when choosing most any program listed. Often a chosen program will play until commercials begin, then one of many commercial will stop and the message comes up. Pressing pause and then back may bring additional commercials but then stop again with the same "Not available or has expired" message.  Sometimes pressing pause will show the program behind the message board but the program will not continue. Going back to the home page may or may not bring the program back on line.  On occasion the program will begin again but only after going back to the home page approximately 6 times. I have tried restart a couple of times but the problem remains.  Roku is the only channel affected.  My Roku player is a 2500X, software version 9.1.0 build 5009-03.

Any help would be appreciated. 

0 Kudos