Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
DataLife
Reel Rookie

Can not Remove Free Trial App

Jump to solution

I really like Roku, but it has a long way to go on managing apps.

Can't hide apps. Can't remove an app that has an active subscription (even free trial )

I added an app and signed up for the free trial. I immediately turned off auto renewal. I can't remove the app until the free trial expires.

The app is added to all my Roku devices.

I don't want my kids to use this app. I can't pin protect this app. I can't remove it. I can't hide it.

I just have to hope my kids don't see and use the app.

I have no illusion that Roku will ever add any app manageability.

Labels (2)
0 Kudos
1 Solution

Accepted Solutions
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Can not Remove Free Trial App

Jump to solution

Hello! @DataLife,

Thanks for the post,

We appreciate you reaching out to us. We're pleased to assist.

Your Roku® streaming device does not offer a global parental control setting to restrict access to content across all streaming channels, but you can configure access limits based on ratings in certain situations such as those described below:

• Set up ratings-based playback restrictions within The Roku Channel
  • Set up built-in parental control features on other popular streaming channels that offer these features
  • Configure your Roku TV™ to restrict viewing of programs on "over-the-air" broadcast television

For more detailed information about the Parental control feature, visit our Support page here: How to block content using parental controls

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator

View solution in original post

0 Kudos
1 REPLY 1
RokuArjiemar
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Can not Remove Free Trial App

Jump to solution

Hello! @DataLife,

Thanks for the post,

We appreciate you reaching out to us. We're pleased to assist.

Your Roku® streaming device does not offer a global parental control setting to restrict access to content across all streaming channels, but you can configure access limits based on ratings in certain situations such as those described below:

• Set up ratings-based playback restrictions within The Roku Channel
  • Set up built-in parental control features on other popular streaming channels that offer these features
  • Configure your Roku TV™ to restrict viewing of programs on "over-the-air" broadcast television

For more detailed information about the Parental control feature, visit our Support page here: How to block content using parental controls

Thanks,

Arjiemar

Arjiemar
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.