Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Re: Can ParamountPlus be optimized to stop overheating?

We're having the same problem. 4k stick+ just started last week only overheating while using Paramount +

0 Kudos
Nancylala
Binge Watcher

Can try placing a fan aimed at back of TV.  But honestly my TCL Roku TV will overheat after just 4 hours if I'm watching that channel. Especially if I'm watching Paramount Live channel.  Paramount thinks I'm nuts.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi Community users,

Thanks for reaching out to the Roku Community!

We're sorry to hear about the experience with the Paramount Plus channel. We'd like to know more about how we can help. Does the issue only occur on this specific channel or all the channels installed on your Roku device? Are you encountering any error codes or messages? In addition, what troubleshooting steps have you taken so far to resolve the issue?

In some cases, that resolves the issue. Make sure you restart your Roku device before adding the channel back in to ensure the process is successful. Here are the steps you can follow:

1. Remove the channel: Highlight the channel tile on your home screen and press the Star button to open the options menu. Select Remove channel and confirm.
    • Note: If you remove a subscription channel billed to your Roku account, you must cancel the subscription before seeing the Remove Channel option. For help identifying this type of subscription channel, read the detailed article about removing a channel.
  2. Restart your Roku device: If reaching the power cord to unplug your Roku device is inconvenient, you can restart the device from the settings menu. Go to Settings > System > Power System Restart > Restart. (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.).
  3. Reinstall the channel. After your Roku device restarts, visit the Roku Channel Store and add the channel again.
    • Note: If you add a subscription channel billed to your Roku account, you must re-subscribe.

For more references on how to troubleshoot any channel playback issues, you can visit our Support page.

Please keep us posted regarding the behavior you are experiencing, and we will be more than happy to continue assisting you further.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JDrok
Reel Rookie

Thank you for reply, but we have had this issue long enough to have tried restarting dozens of not hundreds of times.  We have uninstalled and reinstalled, we have done that more than once.

I currently keep my Roku Ultra propped up to allow added air flow underneath and we use a box fan pointed directly at the Roku as an added cooling device when we watch Paramount Plus.

There is no error code, just the overheating warning from the Roku device itself.  I have not left it to overheat.  

This has only occurred watching Paramount Plus.  We watch a lot of content on Paramount Plus, but not longer durations than other channels.

Please help so I can turn off that box fan.

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @JDrok,

We appreciate your response!

Thanks for letting us know about this. In the meantime, please help us with the required details so we can send additional information for the investigation to our engineering team. Can you please provide us with the following information:

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version. (These can all be found in Settings > System > About.)
  • What channel and what version/build is the channel that is having the issue? (This can be found by selecting the channel on the Home screen and pressing the * button.)
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs. (When you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID.)
  • A photo or video clip referring to the issue.

We look forward to hearing your response and receiving your device details.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
JDrok
Reel Rookie

I have collected the requested details when the overheating occurred the other day.  I would prefer not to post these details on a public form.  Where can I send them securely?

0 Kudos
RokuJechealR
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Hi @JDrok,

Thanks for the response!

You can respond or post your device information here in the thread. You can send us a private message if you are uncomfortable showing it.

To message us, please select the name of a user. Once redirected to the profile, select "Send this user a private message."

We'll be waiting for your response and your details.

All the best,
Chel

Jecheal R.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos