Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
sallchin
Channel Surfer

Re: Cable Channels Missing. They just disappeared.

Jump to solution

Roku has contacted me and I have given them all appropriate information to correct the issue they simply refuse to do so. I am unclear as to why a company would intentionally desire to alter it's product to an unusable state when it's users are telling it not only the problem but the solution as well. I always thought Comcast cable company was the cross bearer for the worst company service ever but ROKU has nudged them out of first place by not listening to their tech savvy users... 

A retired electrical engineer in Houston...

0 Kudos
sallchin
Channel Surfer

Re: Cable Channels Missing. They just disappeared.

Jump to solution

All you have to do is disconnect from internet on the TV and do a channel scan... All the channels will scan in.... then reconnect to the internet and redo another channel scan and many channels disappear. If you never reconnect the TV to the internet you retain all the original cable channels that were scanned in

0 Kudos
RokuERey
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Cable Channels Missing they just disappeared

Jump to solution

Greetings Community users,

"Thank you for keeping us updated on this issue. We are still waiting for the information we requested so that we can escalate this matter to the Roku team for further investigation."

We would recommend reproducing the issue again and sharing with us the details below.

• Roku device model, serial number, device ID, and software OS/version (these can all be found in Settings > System > About).
  • Tracker ID when this issue occurs (when you see this issue occur, press the Home button 5 times, followed by the Back button 5 times, and provide us with this ID).
  • List of missing channels.

We'll be looking forward to hearing back from you.

Regards,
Rey

ERey.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
sallchin
Channel Surfer

Re: Cable Channels Missing they just disappeared

Jump to solution

same thing onb oth my ROKU TVS just try it on any ROKU TV  youve already had multiple people tell u its the exact same on their TV after the operating system update. You don't need to put us through all the hoops and hurdles.. just try it on any ROKU TV in your team and its will work as described. its the operating system update that's causing the issue not a particular tv or remote control

0 Kudos
donm168

Re: Scanning not working now Missing Channels

Jump to solution

My affair with Roku tvs is nearly over.  I, too, have spent hours working to deal with the issue Roku won’t or can’t recognize. I love mostly everything about them but can’t use them connected to the internet without losing nearly half of my cable channels. Most, but not all, of them are odd numbered. I tried removing internet access (We’re on a mesh network.) but that didn’t work for me. All Roku would need to do would be to provide an option to reject system updates. Of course, if advertising revenue is an issue, they have to decide whether losing customers in those cases they are unable or unwilling to correct is going to be most costly. Thank you for the time you spent providing a “fix” that might have worked.

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Re: Scanning not working now Missing Channels

Jump to solution

We appreciate your first post here in the Roku Community, @donm168!

Thanks for sharing your concern. The team is currently looking closely into this matter to determine the cause and find you the best resolution possible. 

With this being said, we'd like to include your device in the process of investigation, and if you could provide us with the details requested by @RokuERey above, it would be great.

We'll be looking forward to your response.

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos
Need Assistance?
Welcome to the Roku Community! Feel free to search our Community for answers or post your question to get help.

Become a Roku Streaming Expert!

Share your expertise, help fellow streamers, and unlock exclusive rewards as part of the Roku Community. Learn more.