Channels & viewing

Are your Roku channels not working? Find troubleshooting tips for adding/removing channels, logging in, authentication, activation, playback issues, and more.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 
hamidmofid

CTV and Global channel activation code

Hey Everyone,

I have a Sharp TV with Roku operation system and have a problem to activate CTV and Global channel when I wanted to watch live!

anyways, I tried activation link several times on Chrome and Fire Fox but not working at all! I tried on laptop and cell phone as well but no luck!

I called my internet provider Virgin Plus and they said cant do anything because the error is not on their end and it is Roku issue and contact them.

I could not find any phone number for Roku customer service. if anyone has please share with me.

and did anyone have the same issue at all? how fixed it?

Thank you!

0 Kudos
4 REPLIES 4
RokuKariza-D
Retired Moderator

Re: CTV and Global channel activation code

Hi @hamidmofid 

Thanks for the post.

In some cases, removing the affected channel and then reinstalling it helps. To ensure the process is successful, restart your device before adding the channel back in. We would recommend doing this from the Settings menu by navigating to Settings > System > Power (If you do not see a Power submenu, skip to the next step.) > System restart.

For detailed instructions, refer to this Support link: How do I resolve channel playback issues?

Let us know how it goes!

All the best,
Kariza

Kariza D.
Roku Forum Moderator
0 Kudos
Strega
Roku Guru

What does "not working at all" mean?  ie: might be: The URL given by the app for linking does not exist.  Or, once you get there, something on the content provider's website goes wrong. Or, your TV provider login doesn't work. Or everything goes smoothly, but at the end, you still have no video...  etc. 

For most failure modes, I think neither Roku nor an ISP are likely to to know anything.  (Unless your ISP is also your TV provider.)

0 Kudos
Pamala
Reel Rookie

Nothing works as they keep asking for a credit card 

I don’t have a credit card 

0 Kudos
RokuCarly
Community Moderator
Community Moderator

Thank you for posting here in the Roku Community, @Pamala.

We regret to hear about the trouble and inconvenience this may have caused you. We'd be glad to be of assistance regarding this matter. 

In this instance, for channel authentication, it is highly suggested to reach out to the channel providers themselves as they are the ones who maintain and update their app on the Roku streaming platform. 

Please refer to the links below to help you reach them:

CTV channel customer support - 1-800-461-1542

Global channel customer support - 0333 200 2000

We hope you get everything sorted out soon and appreicate you bearing with us in the meantime. 

Best regards,
Carly

Carly Y.
Roku Community Moderator
0 Kudos